Organized and detail-oriented Vice President with 20+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement. Skilled defining financial capabilities through effective forecasting, projections, volume, operational functions and RFP processes. Proven success in designing and implementing optimized practices for increasing productivity and profitability. Distinguished leadership skills with commitment to increasing operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
· Profit Improvement Solutions
· Contract Negotiation / Management
· Risk Management
· Operational Excellence
· Research and Analysis
· Change Leadership
· Transformed a Tactical Sourcing team into a Strategic Sourcing department supporting the entire Enterprise. Led Synergy reduction efforts through the acquisition and transition of the Family Dollar brand.
· Executed new strategy to align business processes with Contracting and Sourcing to reduce cost by more than $250M.
· Designed and Implemented Strategic Sourcing, Operations and Contracting teams that manage more than $3B in Indirect spend and more than 17,000 suppliers.
· Elevated Procurement from a Departmental role to part of the Executive committee, influencing all major spend categories and remaining a top 3 priority for the Enterprise.
· Implemented Contract Lifecycle to gain visibility to all contracted spend, identify where there was non-contracted spend and eliminate tail spend.
· Redesigned the P2P processing to enable Procurement to manage the Sourcing, Negotiation, Contracting, Cataloging, Purchase, Invoice Reconciliation and Electronic payment processes for all Indirect spend.
· Lead the transformation of Procurement, Real Estate, Project Management and Facilities groups from a transactions-based organization to high performing strategic partner. Achieved all objectives above expectation and came in under budget and ahead of schedule.
· Cost avoidance and savings in excess of $50M - contributed significantly to the Company's expense reduction initiative and improved capital position
· Manage all indirect spend across all lines of business across North America and Jointly throughout Europe and Asia
· Implementation of New Procurement Strategies is driving improvements through collaboration and innovation which allowed for new areas of involvement and greater trust throughout the organization
· Realigned Key functions to increase productivity by 185% while maintaining existing staff
· Implemented Integrated Real Estate processes throughout RE, Finance, IT and 3rd party vendors resulting in elimination of delayed projects, increased focus on cost reduction and accountability triggers
· Responsible for North American Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives - driving focus on Sustainability, Risk Management and Diversity
· Established and Lead the Procurement department overseeing all expense spending. Managing process flows and procedure changes to institute a “best in class” procurement operation. Established negotiating rules, bid procedures, department workflow, and business integration and signing protocols.
· Collaborated with Senior Leadership to establish corporate governance policies, adopt sustainability practices and support long term strategic growth through effective analysis and efficient return on investment strategies.
· Negotiated agreements for all business units including services and commodities. Instructed business owners on best practices and lead negotiations in Marketing, Store Operations, Contract Services, Information Technology, Merchandising, Logistics, Travel and Finance.
· Achieved over 21% reduction in cost with increases in service levels across all disciplines of the organization.
· Implemented ERP system to replace paper processing, resulting in major efficiencies in account reconciliation, inventory management, contract management and spend analysis/aggregation.
· Increased all Expense on-time payment rate from 55% to 90% within 90 days of organizational and system changes.
· Developed the long-range strategic growth plan to incorporate process improvements, ERP upgrades, staff augmentation, business alignment and senior leadership stewardship to bring effective savings and overall business process improvements to the entire organization.
· Established and Lead a cross-functional leadership team responsible for more than $60 Million in Profit Improvement while increasing performance and enhancing processes.
· Oversee Capital budget of over $1.6 Billion. Developed and maintain national agreements for all interior's purchases. Coordinated contract agreements with Design and Planning to establish buying standards and leverage spend with national preferred vendors.
· Managed Capital schedule for all operating divisions and coordinate all capital plans. Maintained capital schedule and procurement timelines to eliminate downtime due to procured products.
· Delivered minimal variance from approved capital budget. Received top rating for efforts to maintain capital budget and schedule throughout 2007 construction cycle. Established a pre-bid schedule to base approved budgets against advanced forecasts and renegotiate terms and pricing to effectively control cost and inventories.
· Established rating scale for all vendors and evaluated performance against contract expectations. Maintained suspension logs as well as program improvement efforts with vendor base.
· Aligned business resources from multiple disciplines to help develop a long-range strategy for improved contract adherence, lower costs and reduce errors/duplication.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: