Award-winning and seasoned architectural engineer and researcher with over 19 years of experience in A/E/C industry. Proven success in leadership, operational excellence and organizational development with keen understanding of elements of practice and research in architectural design, construction, sustainability, building technology, green building, smart building, and high-performance building. True team player and leader capable of contributing to all project aspects from design to completion.Recognized for inspiring management team members to excel and encouraging creative work environments. Served as vice president, lead architect and engineer, project manager, and R&D manager at Architectural and Engineering Consulting Firms. Author of the book entitled “Green Wall in High-rise Building” published by Image Publishing Group in 2014.
Author: “Green Walls in High-Rise Buildings.” published by Images Publishing Group. 2014.
Contributor: “Life Cycle Assessment of Tall Building Structural Systems,” CTBUH publication in conjunction with ArcelorMittal, 2015
Selected Peer-reviewed Journals
1. "BioFacades Design: Plants Performance Monitoring and Analysis in Hot Arid Regions," Journal of Landscape and Urban Planning. 2020. under review.
2. “Interactive Explorations of Architectural-Structural Considerations on Computational Platform (Parametric Design of Tall Buildings).” Journal of AEDM. 2020. under review.
3. "Design, Use, and Analysis of an Innovative Watering System for the Biofacades in Hot Arid Zones," Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. 2020. Under review.
4. “Smart biofacades: an innovative living construction technology.” 5th International Conference on Sustainable Construction Materials and Technology, Qatar. 2019.
5. “Study on wind aerodynamic and flow characteristics of triangular-shaped tall buildings and CFD simulation in order to assess drag coefficient.” Ain Shams Engineering Journal. 2019.
6. “Structural Topology Optimization Considering Complexity.” Structures Congress 2017.
7. "Bio-Facades; An Innovative Design Solution Towards Sustainable Architecture in Hot Arid Zones." ARC'14, Research Conference Proceedings. 2016.
8. "Life Cycle Assessment of Tall Buildings in Qatar, A focus on Construction Materials Use and Techniques.” ARC'14, Research Conference Proceedings. 2016.
9. "The Future Trend of Architectural Form and Structural System in High-Rise Buildings," Architecture Research Journal. 2014.
10. “Green Walls in High-Rise Buildings.” book published by Images Publishing Group. 2014.
11. “A vegetated facade model for the evaluation of the exterior wall thermal performance.” Building and Environment Journal. 2013.
12. “Assessing potential development in South Korea's super tall building technology.” CTBUH Journal. 2012.
13. “Facade-integrated vegetation as an environmental sustainable solution for energy-efficient buildings.” MADE Journal of Cardiff University. 2012.
14. “Architectural considerations for lunar long-duration habitat.” Doctoral dissertation. 2011.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: