A motivational leader with a quality-driven and innovative approach, looking to offer 15 years of experience in the Human Services Industry to a new role at your company. I have an outstanding record of achievement in changing lives and making workplaces safer, healthier, and happier by identifying needs and mapping out improvement plans. I am proficient in assisting with program implementation, customer service, and managing schedules.
Proficient in electronic health record keeping, Cerner Microsoft, Outlook, Excel, Google docs, Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Outlook 365
Emerging Leadership Level: 1
Positive Behavior Support Facilitator Training
Autism Society of America- Central Va Chapter-Strategies for Supporting Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Therapeutic Options- Behavioral Management Course
· Implemented visual strategies for individuals to increase employment behavior and other various settings.
· Used a person-centered and positive behavioral approach to provide individualized employment supports.
· Lead meetings for the Employment Readiness Program (ERP) that requires me to educate as well as network with external and internal businesses in the community to create employment exploration and skills needed for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD) that are/or feel ready for employment that will prepare them for future community employment.
· Perform specific job analysis, task analysis, and job matching, and systematic instruction based on individual skills, abilities, and interests.
· Networking with external businesses to explore volunteer opportunities to help individuals I serve to build community work skills that will prepare them for future community employment.
· Develop and implement soft skills classes for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ID) and developmental disabilities (DD) to help them build employment skills and independent daily living skills.
· Communicate effectively with job coaches, employers, case managers, service coordinators, caregivers as it relates to the individual being served to problem solve issues that arise in the day support program, workplace, or in the community.
· Coordinated scheduled Trainings individuals in the areas of grooming, hygiene, communication, interviewing, and behavior as they related to successful employment.
· Structure job development skills by building relationships with local employers, market Hermitage Enterprises day support program, identify quality job matches between employers and job seekers, assist the customers with completing applications arrange and attend an interview with customers, knowledgeable in the effect of work on SSI and SSDI benefits inform employers of tax credits and their employment rights.
· Develop and implement meaningful activities that promote personal growth and employment readiness for individuals between the ages of 18-25 years of age, who are under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (W.I.O.A), which is a Federal Law that promotes accessibility to employment and training services out in the community.
· Conducted training needs assessments to identify individuals' current level of skill compared to required competency for position.
· Evaluated client processes, employee performance, and training progress to determine additional training needs.
· Cross-trained employees to do other job tasks to increase employable skills and productivity.
· Devised eLearning modules using PowerPoint, Microsoft, and word.
· Assessed modes of training delivery for optimum effectiveness.
· Created and offered additional materials to enhance skills training.
· Develop and implement person-centered group day and community engagement program plans to reflect on each individual that is receiving Medicaid waiver services in skill development and progress in reaching their full potential in meeting their outcomes.
· Document and report the progression and regression of the individual's outcomes in quarterly reviews and other legal reports that fall within the proper compliance with the State of Virginia Licensing Medicaid Regulations and deadlines.
· Perform duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of the organization “The Henrico Way”.
· Responsible for training individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD) on contract work ensuring good quality and completion of contract work on time.
· Participate in time studies as needed to determine commensurate wage following the Fair Labor Standards Act, section 14c.
· Meet the standard principles and practices of Commission Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
· Work with Henrico County media services to produce content that promotes Hermitage Enterprises' day support program and the individuals they serve.
· Translate and demonstrate sensitivity to families and individuals when discussing any medical issues, demographics, history, or emotional well-being related to the individuals provided by the medical professionals during consultations.
· Use a variety of strategies to increase an individual's communication and skill ability.
· Conduct and maintain ongoing communication with individuals' caregivers, residential providers, service coordinators, authorized representatives, legal guardians, and other stakeholders to ensure services are provided accurately.
· Identify, address, and respond appropriately to challenging; repetitive, and restrictive behaviors and establish effective strategies and techniques that focus on preventing these behaviors in the future.
· Demonstrates knowledge in Medicaid Waiver and Home Community Based Services by providing quality individualized care.
· Responsible for a caseload of 7 or more individuals.
· Coach and lead program activities of daily living, social skills, simple academics, vocational skills, and employment preparation.
· Maintain program and case management records throughout the electronic health record-keeping system according to the state, federal, and Dept. of Labor (D.O.L) regulations.
· Assist in the design and implementation of Positive Behavior Support plans and readjusting the plan as needed.
· Participate in the decision-making process to identify and implement training strategies and /or service with a host of external and internal business staff.
· Maintain daily case notes and complete paperwork according to deadlines.
· Recognize and act on the legal responsibilities concerning the safety and welfare of the individuals.
· Complete individual assessments by developing and updating Individual Service Plan (ISP) with the client conduct intake interviews review and analyze customer records, arrange situational assessments with employers, create assessment reports based on tracked data observations.
· Mentored and trained 4 new relief staff.
· Conducted ongoing evaluations to determine the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for necessary modifications.
· Developed and managed life skills training classes to meet the needs of the individuals I serve.
· Developed training materials, manuals, procedures, and visual aids to effectively achieve organizational goals.
· Direct responsibility for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD), and mental health disorders.
· Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of each individual in a centered and community-based program.
· Administered prescribed medication.
· Support individuals with gross/fine motor, safety/emergency, communication/interpersonal, social/relationship, personal care skills, and attention to task, emotional awareness, task training, and physical/stamina endurance.
· Provide transportation in a county vehicle to support the individual with being a part of their community for leisure exploration.
· Document and write daily notes according to the Medicaid regulations.
· Maintain the flow of the weekly schedule to help the program run and meet the needs of each individual by verifying the availability of internal and external planned meetings/appointments, updating the schedules with cancellations, and arrange meeting venues, and vehicle availability needed to help individuals participate in the community.
· Ordered program supplies, adaptive equipment, and personal care items by keeping costs under county/program budget.
· Develop resources to enhance individual skills development.
Member, Alumni Association Of University of Phoenix
Several job recognitions for excellent and outstanding job performance presented through service awards and spotlighted in the county's newsletter "The Extra Mile".
Customer Service Certification Program Level: 4
CPR/AED/ First Aid
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: