Highly skilled IT executive with the ability and drive to move business forward. Skilled strategist who transforms strategic plans into workable solutions and benchmarks performance against key operational targets and goals. Extensive scope of responsibility, proven success and track record of delivering optimal results in high-growth environments through initiatives that exceed operational performance targets and yield measurable outcomes.
(Hands on experience using and implementing the following technologies)
Monitoring Tools: NetBackup OpsCenter, EMC ControlCenter Suite 3, DCFM and IBM TPC
Business Application Servers and Architectures:
Office Automation and Messaging: MS Office Suite, Apple Office Suite
Remote Access Servers: RDM, Citrix, PCAnywhere, VNC, VDI
Enterprise Hardware: Oracle "ODA" and Exadata X3 and X5, EMC mid- to enterprise-tier storage, Brocade silkworm switches, Hitachi enterprise storage, Qlogic and Emulex HBA, IBM enterprise storage line, Isilon NAS solutions, Data Domain, Solidfire, NetApp and Brocade encryption appliances/desktops/laptops, Vblock, Nutanix
Highly skilled, Goal-Oriented and Collaborative IT Professional with over 10 years of expertise in Virtualization, System Engineering, Consulting, Architect, IT Operations, Solution Design, internal Cloud Management, Automation, Disaster Recovery, System Administration and Infrastructure Support. Dedicated to excellence and service, continually pursuing challenges to learn more and enhance the client experience. Excellent communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Partner with business and IT teams to envision future state of business and develop IT strategy & roadmap for solutions.
• Collaborate with business and IT leaders to translate business needs into application roadmaps and solutions deliverables to support business growth.
• Partner with IT Data Center teams to reduce Charter's foot print in the USA
• As a thought leader, partner with multiple business functional leaders to drive continuous improvement to processes and system capabilities in all areas of our Data Center as a service.
• Proactively communicate and influence stakeholders and executives to build trust and credibility
• Lead, develop and motivate a team of 15 world class IT professionals
• Provide ongoing feedback to staff members, set objectives, monitor performance goals and establish their professional development priorities
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and development
• Effectively deliver presentations to key customers and senior management on all areas of our Virtualization infrastructure.
• Establish and communicate IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
• Balance the need for process discipline rigor while maintaining innovation and speed of development. Lead efforts to analyze and improve IT processes leading to further agility and improvement in quality of solution
• Track and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets including business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives to justify spending.
• Quarterly Virtual operation excellence to the entire organization to talk about our successes and future goals and deliverables.
• Work closely with PCI to deliver secure standards and utilize engineering guidelines.
• Quarterly team summit to outline and realign our goals and deliverables.
Improved IT operation and process effectiveness for 66 technical staff and 5,000+ companywide Hedge fund employees. Led change and best practice programs for day to day operation, and helped field leaders achieve budget & strategic goals in the supported areas.
• Active participant in the Citco operations change management process, planning and managing the implementation, communications, tracking and reporting activities.
• Refine, maintain and enforce disciplines around enterprise infrastructure systems metrics and performance tracking.
• Management of remote datacenters and employees including offshore (Manila, Geneva, Ireland, USA)
• Oversee day-to-day operational activities, including maintenance (patches, upgrades and firmware including Beak/Fix).
• Capacity planning for all areas my team supports, which includes analyzing and reporting on overall utilization to plan proactive upgrades or enhancements.
• Work with senior management on planning and staffing for SAN storage, SQL, Oracle, Middleware, AS400, NetBackup, UNIX and windows.
• Work with the corporate asset manager to insure all hardware and software are effectively logged, updated, tracked and reported on.
• Work with senior management as well as the service delivery and infrastructure consulting teams to plan and schedule execution of project related to all areas under my supervision
• Manage and coordinate vendor activities and relation ship
• Work with senior management to set up enterprise platform group's goals and objectives and drive toward their successful execution based on overall infrastructure services and operations goals.
• Manage the overall performance reviews process for my direct reports and drive feedback for the rest of the employees.
• Work with R&D to provide input and pilot selected next generation solutions and technologies.
• Leading role in client engagements; Commercial Services and maintenance. Hardware requirement for all production and development systems. Maintain weekly meetings for oncoming projects and deliverables.
• Hands-on leadership and quality execution; provided leadership to engagement teams (61+ members) comprised of Strategy, Design, IT Implementation, SQL, Oracle, UNIX, Windows, AS400, NetBackup, middleware and SAN storage.
• 24-Hour enterprise wide support around the sun.
• Experienced at working with multiple departments within client's organization to determine how to best integrate new technologies, maximize efficiencies, minimize costs, and support client's mission and business goals; project management life cycle methodologies and techniques. Worked with key stakeholders to identify and prioritize project needs.
Managed a group of 20 technical employees that supported HR tools, SQL, Oracle, Networking, Data centers, AS400, VMware and all company tools and web deployments.
Selected Achievements with Comporium Operation
• Established new VMware deployment utilizing NetApp storage and UCS
• Rebuilt the entire in-house 10GB network between offices and applications
• Established new webmail tools utilizing external vendors for public mail
• Rebuilt and deployed comporium new firewalls
• Designed the new data center and established cookie cutter approach to add new space for colocation customers.
• wrote the SOP for data center access
• Rebuilt the backup solution
• Introduced EMC hardware platforms to support home security
• Established weekly technical meetings to review what deployments cross the functional teams
Responsible for all mission critical IT storage, UCS and Backup infrastructure over 40 data centers and offices.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: