Focused Database Designer with 21 years of experience in full lifecycle development. Adaptable in understanding businesses changing needs and objectives when creating and redesigning databases. Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills useful when working with project managers to define project timeline and scope. Self-motivated with excellent task management abilities. Proactive Database Administrator with 21 years of experience in database development and production environments. Proven skills in security management, database maintenance and establishing backup and recovery processes to safeguard data. Well-versed in various programming languages, including Shell-scripting and PowerShell . Strategic Database Architect with 21 years of experience in design, architecture and data modeling. Track record of successfully managing all phases of software development lifecycle (SDLC). Analytical problem-solver skilled at identifying and resolving technical issues. Multi-talented Database Administrator with 21 years of expertise in designing, testing and coding database solutions in various environments. Highly skilled in multiple technologies such as IBM DB2, Netezza Oracle and MSSQLServer. Motivated self-starter consistently meets deadlines and succeeds in high-pressure environments.
· Designed and implemented the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
· Provided ongoing support for all corporate UDB EE/EEE databases including: backup / restore; performance tuning; creating instances; automating database maintenance activities.
· Mentored junior DBAs
· Tested and implemented software upgrades.
· Provided DBA support for applications.
· Helped in designing ETL processes for the DW project.
· Participate in 24x7 pager support rotation.
· IBM Certified Solutions Expert DB2 Database Administration for UNIX, Windows and OS/2
· IBM Netezza Technical Mastery Professional
· IBM Certified Specialist – Netezza Platform Software v6, V7
Job Titles Held: