• Requirement Analysis- Work with business team to understand requirement for each dashboard
• Accountable for Business Requirement evaluation & analysis, determining project scope, system design and handling build and testing activities
• Create Data Model and flexible design to expand Semantic layer for future scope
• Used Informatica 10.1 PowerCenter for extraction, loading and transformation (ETL) of data.
• Loading data from various data sources like Flat files, Teradata and Oracle into Teradata warehouse using Teradata Parallel Transporter, MULTI LOAD, FASTLOAD and ODBC Connections through Informatica PowerCenter.
• Performance tuning, including collecting statistics, analyzing explains & determining which tables needed statistics. Increased performance by 40% in some situations.
• Performed SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, and AUTOTRACE.
• Development of several complex mappings in Informatica PowerCenter using a variety of transformations, Mapping Parameters, Mapping Variables, Mapplets & Parameter files in Mapping Designer.
• Developed Advance SQL procedures, triggers, functions, Indexes to implement business logic in Teradata.
• Written Pre and Post Session SQL command (DDL & DML) to create file lists and to execute shell scripts.
• Examined the workflow log files and assigning the ticket to the Informatica support based on the error.
• Extensive analysis and troubleshooting of data queries raised by Business.
• Experience in developing Unix Shell Scripts for automation of ETL process.
• Created File Transfer Protocol jobs to transfer files from vendor location to Informatica Unix server.
• Creating complex views in Teradata for the usage of downstream BI Tools and Ad-Hoc reports.
• Assigning and prioritizing tasks & enforcing project processes & policies; monitoring project results for significant deviations and ensuring adherence to quality standards and processes
• Planning, directing, and coordinating activities of various project phases and delivering quality artifacts; formulating estimates and timelines for project activities
• Analysis, design, implementation and execution of the Integration test cases
• Configuration and Environment setup for Integration testing
• Documentation of changes and integrating changes into existing operation documents.
• Get approval from business for project deliverables.
• Migration of ETL code andDatabase objects from development to QA and production environments by maintaining the versions through MKS Integrity client.
• Performed post-production support and maintenance of ETL process.
• Creation of Project deliverable documents like Functional Requirement Specifications, Detailed Design document, System Integration and Unit Test cases and Results
• Developed various Ad-Hoc reports depending on custom requirements from Business
Job Titles Held: