I am a passionate teacher who has been committed to working with children and families in Santa Cruz for 25+ years. As a literacy coach, I am skilled in supporting children's Language Development and have a strong foundation in supporting children's social/emotional development. I believe that the power of play is vital for children to learn and interact within their world, gaining the mental and social skills necessary to succeed in their educational journey. Thank you for your consideration and time.
Daily Child Interactions
* Implemented COVID health/safety protocols.
* Social/Emotional development: CSEFEL
* Developmentally Appropriate/Anti-bias education
* Early literacy development: SEEDS
* Created strong family partnerships
* Shared knowledge about child development: Child observations, assessments, and support.
* Technology: Zoom, SEESAW, videos, newsletters.
* Planned age appropriate curriculum.
* Understanding Title 5/22: Education Standards
* Ongoing professional development trainings.
Knowledge of state funded requirements
Desired Result Development Profile (DRDP), Ages/Stage(ASQ), Early Childhood Environments Rating Scale (ECERS) & CLASS observation
* Mentored 9 literacy tutors in Reading Corps.
* Supported tutors' in response to interventions, tutor goals, benchmark assessments, and performance evaluations.
* Facilitated/co-taught data meetings * training
* Completed pre/post ELLCO observation tool.
* Coached preschool/TK teachers in Santa Cruz county in implementing early literacy/SEEDS curriculum.
* Planned and co-taught early literacy classes at First 5.
* Supervised children and facilitated teacher seminars and curriculum development
* Release time teacher to all sites.
* Provided home visits with families.
* Awarded Honors in Bachelor of Arts in Community Studies.
* Created documentary video, The Visionary Teacher, focused on early care educators at UCSC and their fight for equity and social change.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: