Motivated and accomplished Materials Engineer with extensive education and experience in comprehensive problem solving, fabrication, testing, and post-processing of metallic materials including titanium, superalloys, and aluminum. Accomplished leader with effective collaboration skills, team building capabilities and leadership in diverse and multifaceted operations. Proven and demonstrated knowledge of high-profile processes and policies to streamline operations. Focused high performer driving effective communications to drive fluid and streamlined operations.
Communications | Team Leadership | Materials Engineering | Interpersonal Skills | Data Analysis | Fabrication | Strategic Vision | Testing | Data Processing | Statistics | Finite Element Analysis | Thermal and Stress Analysis | Metallic Components | Titanium Alloys | Aluminum Alloys | Superalloys | Ceramics |Coatings | CAD | GD&T | Additive Manufacturing |Casting | Forging | Welding | Brazing | Residual Stresses and Distortion| Failure Analysis | Process Optimization | Design of Experiment | Tooling Designs |
▪ Forged a cost-savings of $2M+ annually through designing processes within the crack models criteria.
▪ Managed the research of root causes of failures through failure analysis utilizing metallography, SEM/EDX, and Finite Element Analysis resulting in a reduction of 50% of defective parts.
▪ Realized a reduction in scrap rate to nearly zero including a cost savings of $3M+ in scrap and rework within a year.
▪ Studied extensively on residuals stresses and distortion of metallic components. Performed measurement, analysis, and developed techniques to reduce residual stresses and distortion.
▪ Oversaw multiple Additive Manufacturing (AM) projects including rapid prototyping of Ti and Ni components with Selected Laser Melting (SLM), tooling repair and clad with Direct Energy Deposition (DED), and rapid preform prototyping with Electron Beam Additive Manufacturing (EBAM). Participated in the balloting process of SAE technical standards.
▪ Built novel viscoelastic models in Abaqus to predict high temperature distortion of Ti alloys and damage/crack model for Ni-base superalloys.
▪ Studied liquation weld cracks of Ni-base superalloys and investigated their weld cracking susceptibility with the Gleeble and various characterization tools.
▪ Directed forging and heat-treating process development of nonferrous alloys including 2195 and 2050 Al-Li alloys, Ti5553, and Rene 65 superalloys.
▪ Drove the Computational Fluid Dynamic method within the aerospace industry to simulate boiling during the quenching process including development of a multi-physics model to couple heat transfer and stress effectively eliminating 100% of the quench cracking problem and a cost savings of $1M+ within a year.
▪ Prepared and characterized Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD), thermal spray, and case-hardening coatings.
▪ Established an Inverse Heat Conduction (IHC) model with a Controlled Volume Finite Difference (CVFD) method in MATLAB, and determined experimentally the thermal physical properties of ceramic shells for titanium and superalloy investment casting.
▪ Led Design Of Experiment (DOE) analysis of 12 types of Ni-base, Co-base, and Fe-base superalloys.
▪ Conducted R&D on advanced casting process design and control such as directional casting and single crystal casting.
▪ Constructed a comprehensive material constitutive model in Abaqus with add-on subroutines UMATHT and UMAT to predict thermal, mechanical, and metallurgical aspects of welding and heat treatment processes.
▪ Built a high-rate Data Acquisition System (DAS) for temperature and strain signal acquisition, developed an Inverse Heat Transfer (IHT) model to calculate Heat Transfer Coefficient (HTC) and predict surface temperature of a component from internal thermocouple measurement.
▪ Leveraged casting rigging systems designs of aluminum high pressure die casting, riser and gating system design for investment casting of superalloy, titanium alloy, Gamma-TiAl products.
▪ Performed thermal, flow, microstructure, and stress analysis for process design and validation of Ni-base superalloy and Ti alloy castparts investment casting in ProCAST and Magma.
▪ Conducted continuous induction heating analysis with coupled EMAG analysis of steel gears and clutches in ANSYS with APDL.
▪ Contributed key role in gas carburizing furnace control system development to monitor and control uniformity of the carbon level within the atmosphere to optimize the carburizing process with simulation on carbon profile and optimized the oil quenching process.
▪ Provided comprehensive support for the design and manufacture of aero turbine and aerostructure components.
▪ Created and implemented processes and procedures of Additive Manufacturing (AM).
▪ Ensured proper research and development of aluminum, titanium, and nickel alloy forgings.
▪ Performed failure-analysis with multiple characterization tools including optical and electron microscopy.
▪ Cemented process development of emerging alloys including development of design allowables and MMPDS.
▪ Oversaw first-article and production test plans including review of testing reports from internal and external labs.
▪ Effectively organized and executed collaboration of research and development projects with external companies, universities, and government agencies as needed.
▪ Ensured proper casting riser and gating design consulting services with regard to internal and external clients.
▪ Successfully validated multiple casting processes including investment casting, high pressure die casting, sand casting, among others.
▪ Drove the successful simulation and validation of heat treatment processes of precision components.
▪ Designed, developed, and implemented advanced casting processes.
- Developed numerical models for computational analyses, implemented experimentation, collected, and analyzed experimental data, prepared and presented technical report, and advised students.
- Performed extensive hands-on microstructure analysis with optical and electron microscopy, EDS, TEM, and FIB
- Conducted various types of material testing (tensile, hardness, fatigue, fracture toughness, creep, and stress rupture)
- Simulated welding, heat treating, casting and induction heating processes in Abaqus, ProCAST, and Ansys
- Physical simulation in the Gleeble.
- Developed steady state and transient heat transfer models of models for porous ceramic and bulk metallic materials.
- Material property prediction, alloy development, and phase transformation.
CANFSA | American Society of Metals | SAE International AMS-AM Committee | ASM Residual Stress Committee | CMPD
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: