. Dedicated Human Rights expert with extensive experience receiving investigating and conciliating complaints received from the public concerning allegations of violations of the Human Rights Act. Adept with a wide variety of complex difficult and sensitive cases; able to precisely determine occurrence of discrimination with the Act. Talented in monitoring institutional and organizational practices within the community to ensure compliance with all legal provisions. Excellence experience with refugee protection and and assistance in various capacities
. Ms word
.Documentation and reporting
.Investigative and conciliation techniques
· Consistently apply international and national law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and code of conduct.
· Support activities in protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partner.
· Provide counseling on protection issues to persons of concern. Monitor and report on case of refoulement, expulsion and others protection incident.
· Contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness
· Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategies
· Participate in individual protection case-management including case of SGBV and child protection.
· Monitor standard operating procedures SOPS for all protection/ solutions activities.
· Assist in identifying durable solution for persons of concern in voluntary repatriate, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
· Identify, register and document (PSNs) persons with specific needs (person living with disabilities, older
· Work with UNHCR's operational and Implementers partners, Government of Ethiopia and ARRA at the entries point in response to South Sudanese emergency to ensure effective and timely delivery of emergency response programme activities to asylum seekers
· Work with ARRA and government of Ethiopia in refugee status determination of asylum seekers at the entry's points
· Conduct regular protection counseling and interview on causes based to refugees and asylum seekers at entries points and camps respectively
Assist UNHCR office to conduct participatory assessment and Age, Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming (AGDM) both in the camps and entries points
· Ascertain the identities of claimants whose fingerprint check has resulted in a negative match at the Reception Assistants desk using the ProGres database data and the guidance provided by the relevant SOPs regarding food, cash and NFI collection and identity checking;
· Conduct interviews to verify registration data;
· Advise all individuals who cannot be identified as eligible food collector on their obligations and rights;
· Ensure data issues in proGres that are resulting in negative matches are corrected including re-enrolling of fingerprints; escalate issues to UNHCR supervisor as required
· Direct the individual to the UNHCR field officer when required according to the SOPs
· Liaise with the Biometrics Coordinator in the refugee camp for issues that need coordination amongst the agencies
Monitor and report on the process; any other related tasks required for the smooth implementation of the biometrics project.
· Receive and investigate complaints and determines whether it falls within the jurisdiction
· Mediate and resolve complaints of discrimination under the HRA
· Submit reports on case work activities to the Commissioner
· Prepare documented case files on each complaint matter; make recommendations regarding cases
· Develop educational programs to promote an understanding of rights and responsibilities under the HRA
· Handle community relations activities with community groups and participate in meetings as a resource person making speeches to large assemblies
Awareness creation on human rights to all government stake holders and private institutions
· Form and train human right s clubs at schools
· Monitors and check child labor and in prisons at private institutions and prisoners
· Provides training to women politicians on gender issues
· Contributing to child protection mechanism development and safeguarding issues.
Ensuring that child protection issue handle by local court is addressed
Job Titles Held: