Highly motivated self-starter, articulate, detail and results-oriented electrical executive leader with expertise in all facets of utility planning and design, project management and controllership, electrical design and engineering, and utility planning within major utility company. Skilled in collaborating with both internal members of organization and external contactors to achieve business and financial objectives. Instrumental in streamlining and improving processes, enhancing productivity, and implementing technology objectives. Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, SharePoint, OneDrive, SAP and AutoCad.
Independently oversaw, prepared, developed, planned, coordinated, and managed all documentation required to complete pre-construction planning of various projects and schedules. Created construction orders based on company's policies, safety, and governmental regulations. Analyzed project scope and work to gather necessary information and understand requirements. Utilized engineering calculations and developed designs for cost-effective construction service orders. Performed analysis on load data and coordinated electric load studies including engineering calculations, utilizing accepted systems and best practices to determine required design details. Tracked and reported project and financial development using established project management tools, timing, and methods appropriate for project.
▪ Found and addressed projects with outstanding restrictions and complications and actively sought resolution within parameters.
▪ Processed and developed capital replacements by identifying field scopes, taking measurements, redlining, and identifying materials and costs of labor, permits, and traffic control.
• Generated RFP for contractor bid to perform extensive pole loading for projects, providing weekly status updates to stakeholders.
Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and drafters to deliver most cost effective and highest quality infrastructure solutions, managing multiple concurrent large to small projects with conflicting deadlines and changing priorities in fast-paced environments with shifting time constraints using the IPSEC model and tools. Coordinated design / review of distribution projects including preparation and review of bill of materials, cost estimates, and traffic control plans required to support construction. Produced detailed design documentation including utility design system, line layout / routing, overhead and underground distribution, and identification of conflicting infrastructure. Provided scaled construction drawings in AUD with materials, labor, cost allocations, and generation of charging portsfor SCE Funded Charge ready program, EV Fleet Ready, and Tesla Supercharging port locations.
▪ Designed / drafted work orders from 1 – 150 structure locations varying in complexity and project types, with multitude of materials and costing legend codes, providing feedback on errors encountered and recommendations for solutions from utilization of core regulatory manuals: ESR, DDS, DOH, DUG, UCCC, GO95-128, job aids, and Design Support Newsletters.
▪ Skilled in identifying, preparing, and obtaining approved construction and encroachment permits, serving as single-point-of-content for queries pertaining to permit acquisition, scope questions, timeframes, and job scheduling requirements for cities / counties.
▪ Achieved problem resolution through root cause analysis, collaboration with internal / external personnel, research of all possible data points, resources, and manuals, and balancing triple constraints: scope, budget, time.
▪ Expertly collaborated with cross-function departments associated with city / county / regulatory permitting to effectively remove roadblocks and resolve issues pertaining to design, permitting, construction, easement, and scheduling.
▪ Developed effective communications programs to inform stakeholders on timeframe expectations, outstanding factors, tail-boarding procedures, and hazard resolution.
▪ Introduced process improvements to develop reduced task workload with application of electronic-based document retention and hand-off procedures.
▪ Instructed IT Build Teams on tool utilization, explanation of processes / tariffs, creating functionality parameters, and performing system testing and provide resolution details.
▪ Actively participate in Safe Work Environment Congress (SWEC) from 7/2012 – 12/2015 and facilitated quarterly cross functional recap meetings to update representatives.
▪ Implemented internal CPR / First Aid / AED certification program; and initiated, developed, and led cross-functional group of 18 employees from multiple departments on Project Management Certification program through UC Irvine.
Collaborated with contractors, architects, and other project personnel to negotiate contracts with external vendors, obtain permits from appropriate authorities, and determine needed resources from start to finish for maintenance and property modification work with focus on budget and impact limitations. Managed construction vendors through competitive bidding proposals of project work, licensing, and insurance verification, progress payment schedule identification, task pacing and execution, job walks, completion, and quality checks, and review of change order requests.
▪ Managed yearly fiscal budget of $300K for maintenance and property modifications.
▪ Instituted procedures for construction vendors for competitive bidding proposals of project work, licensing and insurance verification, progress payment schedule, task pacing and execution, and project completion tasks.
▪ Initiated and executed special assessment proposal for carport structure replacement with solar panel construction after windstorm even caused severe damage.
Additional experience as Construction Maintenance Clerk at Southern California Electric Utility Company (2005-2006) and as an Automotive Attendant at Southern California Edison Utility Company (2002-2005)
• Silver Safety Award: 2016
• 4 Star Behavior Awards: 2015 - 2017
• 4 Customer Hero Awards: 2007-2018
• 1 Exceptional Neighbor Award: 2018
Because of Subject Matter Expertise:
CPR / AED CERTIFICATE exp 11/2021
Notary Public Commission exp 11/23
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: