High-achieving Contract & Purchasing Manager well-versed in evaluating current business conditions and devising forward-thinking plans to bring about needed change and keep companies agile in changing marketplaces. Proven government and commercial contracting and purchasing expertise with in-depth knowledge of business standards, competitors and HR procedures. Enterprising and hardworking with excellent follow-through. Determined and responsible with more than 25 years of success boosting efficiency and streamlining procedures for contract and purchasing groups. Focused on smoothly overseeing financial, personnel and operational facets. Effectively balance targets with resources and optimize long-term success. Accomplished Attorney offering 15-year record of supporting clients in legal matters. Communicates clearly and effectively with clients, opposing counsel, jurors and judges. Adept at developing lasting professional relationships. Professional Attorney offering expert legal counsel and representation. Skilled in fostering positive and trusting client relationships. Well-established knowledge of Contract, Construction, Civil and Criminal law and 15 years of experience in litigation and legal drafting. Committed and creative Attorney with specialty in Contract law. Highly skilled in oral argument and legal research, leading to successful litigation of 1200 cases. Expertise in mediation, arbitration and settlement negotiation. Dedicated attorney with an extensive background in litigation and legal research. Expertise in case analysis, strategic planning and negotiations. Attorney adept at predicting arguments of opposing council and addressing important concerns or questions. Proven courtroom success trying Civil, Criminal, Contract and Construction cases. Over 15 years of experience in [Type] law. Multi-talented [Job Title] consistently rewarded for success in planning and operational improvements. Experience in policy development and staff management procedures positively impacting overall morale and productivity.
· Directed a year-long procurement ISO effort leading to successful ISO 9000 certification which secured additional customer opportunities using new processes and tools.
· Renegotiated key contracts with annual cost savings of $10M on average (against target of $4M).
· Created contract templates, processes and tools for the new company and provided on-going team training for 50 employees which improved performance, quality and established best practices.
· Identified issues with a major supplier during insolvency. Developed and managed a plan to maintain supply of product while meeting all inventory needs with zero impact to customer sales.
· Led conflict and alternate dispute resolution efforts resulting in lower litigation expenses.
· Proactively advised management on wide range of legal and financial issues, reducing outside counsel costs by 45%.
· Revised funding policies and procedures. Advised management on corporate regulatory and compliance matters.
· Developed Project Performance Tracking Tools that increased quarterly evaluation scores from average 79% to 99.5%;
· Increased Project Profits by 1,400% (fourteen hundred) or from $100,000 to $1.4 million;
· Developed Standard Operating Procedures that improved relationship between Customer and Company;
· Developed new lines of communication that improved working relationship with Customer and Team;
· Awarded President's Awards for Customer Satisfaction and Total Quality Management;
· Awarded Washington State's Quality Award for Performance Excellence (the first awarded to a large business); and
· Awarded the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award for Performance Excellence (the Nation's Highest Presidential Honor for Performance Excellence).
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: