Detail oriented security manager with extensive background in training, operations, federal and state regulatory compliance standards and procurement. Acted as a facilitator of Health, Safety and Environmental management systems and training programs. Effective at meeting customer needs and developing client relationships. Great communication skills and can bring a diverse group of people together to achieve company goals. References available upon request.
Team leader responsible for the overall safety and security for students, faculty and staff at DeVry University and Chamberlain College of Nursing campus locations within the Greater Houston Metro. Management duties include supervising the day to day security operations for all contract security officers assigned to campus locations. Managed direct reports and helped to establish employee recognition programs. Worked within the Facilities department to continuously develop and update Emergency Safety Procedures, Business Continuity Plans, and Emergency Response Protocols. Other responsibilities include serving as Campus access control administrator (OnGuard), Campus Emergency Incident Commander (Blackboard Connect Siren Alert) and (EthicsPoint), Department procurement administrator (Lawson) and reporting annual campus crime statistics in compliance with the Cleary Act and FERPA.
• DeVry 212 Degree Service Recognition (12/2013)
• DeVry TEACH Recognition (3/2014)
• Facilitated Active Shooter Campus training in partnership with FEMA (3/2014)
• Completed Sports and Special Events Incident Management Training – TEEX (6/2014)
• Developed Regional Workplace CPR training program in partnership with American Red Cross (7/2014)
• Participated in Professional Development Academy – Leadership Training (7/2014 – Present)
• DeVry Houston Metro TEACH Award (2/2015)
• Co-Chair of Event Planning Committee
• Member of Employee Recognition Committee
• Incident Commander for the Greater Houston Metro
Responsible for ongoing PTAP assessment, training, testing and performance verification of company personnel regarding Pipeline Operator Qualification compliance standards (NCCER, Veriforce, OQSG). Regularly conducted new hire orientations, safety orientations, OQ trainings and monthly safety meetings to include topics relating to DOT49CFR. Company administrator and representative with Houston Area Safety Council, Contractors' Safety Council of Brazosport, Industrial Safety Training Council – Nederland, and Safety Council of Texas City. Pipeline Testing Consortium, Inc. administrator responsible for company DOT alcohol and drug testing program. Routinely updated employee training records in Viewpoint and pVault and implemented processes to track monthly deficiency reports. Submitted completed training documents for entry into regulatory compliance management database (VeriSource, ISNetworld).
• Training Department recognized as Accredited Assessment Center NCCER (5/2012)
• NCCER Instructor/Performance Evaluator/ICTP Proctor (5/2012)
• OQSG Skills Evaluator/Proctor (5/2012)
• Veriforce Evaluator (5/2012)
• Houston Area Safety Council - Basic Plus Certification (5/2012) & Confined Space (5/2012)
Responsible for the development and implementation of training initiatives for security personnel working within the Houston and South Texas Petrochemical markets. Facilitated new-hire orientation training classes to include topics covering OSHA Safety Standards, Vehicle Safety, Effective Assertion, Patrol Techniques, and Fire Safety. Entered all employee training records into PeopleSoft database. Routinely worked with Managers during business transitions to ensure training-related contractual compliance. Managed direct reports within department and was responsible for the procurement of employee uniforms and equipment.
• OSHA 10-Hour Safety Certification (8/19/2011)
• American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor (9/7/2011)
• Developed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) within department to track training effectiveness
• Lead efforts to reduce employee turnover from 4th Quarter 2011 – 1st Quarter 2012
Responsible for the planning, scheduling, coordinating and presenting of training topics to security personnel for accounts supported by the Branch Office. Regularly conducted new hire orientation classes, Terrorism Awareness, MOAB, MARSEC, and CPR/First Aid/AED training classes. Maintained structured review and reporting system for performance tracking (WinTeam). Inventoried, ordered and distributed training supplies and awards. Responsible for the procurement within area mega-market (Procure IT).
• American Red Cross Certified CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor (7/10/2008)
• Recognized for outstanding performance Dare to be Great Award (12/17/2009)
• Created standardized Vehicle Operation Manual - Recognized as Best Practice (4/12/2010)
• Completed Vertical Market Training – Healthcare, Commercial Real Estate and Higher Education (7/2010)
• Developed Workplace Sensitivity Training for NASA client and facilitated trainings at Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX and Kennedy Space Center, Titusville, FL (9/2010)
• Completed Operations University – 40 Hour Management Training (3/31/2011)
Contract administrator responsible for programming and monitoring employee proximity card access system at Baker Hughes sites within the Houston area. Reported directly to project coordinator regarding safety/security issues. Acted as liaison between client and vendors to facilitate system improvements, including maintenance and trouble-shooting of the CCTV system, and Lennel access system. Implemented and maintained Safety and Health management systems and established access control protocols. Assisted security team with incident response and management.
Second shift security team leader responsible for day-to-day operations. Responsibilities included conducting investigations, responding to emergency situations, monitoring the fire panel and CCTV systems, maintaining and updating employee card keys (Timelox), coach/counsel employee performance, and assisting other departments as needed. Developed strong customer service skills resolving a variety of guest issues.
• Member of the Be Safe Committee
• Supervisor of the Quarter, (4th Quarter 2005)
• Completed Associate Development Program management/mentorship training (8/2006)
• Completed StarwoodOne Service Culture Training (7/2007)
American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor (7/10/2008)
American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR Instructor (9/7/2011)
OSHA 10-Hour Safety Certification (8/19/2011)
NCCER Instructor/Performance Evaluator/ICTP Proctor (5/2012)
OQSG Skills Evaluator/Proctor (5/2012)
Veriforce Evaluator (5/2012)
High-Rise Evacuation Training - City of Houston (9/19/2013)
Active Shooter Training - FEMA Emergency Management Institute (1/2014)
Sports and Special Events Incident Management Training - TEEX (6/2014)
Toastmasters International Membership (4/2015)
Security, Training, CCtV, Procurement, Operations, Customer Service, Employee Performance, Receptionist, Retail Sales, CPR, New Hire Orientation, Scheduling, Program Management, Project Management, Access Control, Compliance Management, DOT, Industrial Safety, Machine Safety, Pipeline, Regulatory Compliance, Safety Training, Testing, Viewpoint, OSHA 10, OSHA 30, Safety Certification, Fire Safety, OSHA Safety, Peoplesoft, Petrochemical, Refinery, Safety Standards, Training Initiatives, Incident Response, Maintenance, Project Coordinator, Trouble-shooting, American Red Cross, Environmental Management, Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Powerpoint, SAP, Sharepoint, Microsoft Word, Incident Management, Event Planning, FEMA, Business Continuity, Emergency Response, Lawson, Lockout/Tagout, Safety Procedures, Statistics, Commercial Real Estate, Healthcare, Real Estate
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: