RESEARCH ASSISTANT ESRI USER CONFERENCE STUDENT ASSISTANT SUMMER RESEARCH INTERN
Seeking an internship position as a Land GIS Analyst in an organization involved in asset and land management for maximum efficient use using my knowledge and experience in Visual LandPro, Tobin data, Environmental systems, Remote sensing and Geographical Information Systems.
Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS 10.2.2 (ArcView, ArcInfo, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox, ArcReader, ArcEditor, Spatial Analysis, and 3D Analyst) and Erdas IMAGINE
Working knowledge of Visual LandPro 2000, Tobin Map, SAS, Excel, AutoCad and SPSS.
Proficient with Microsoft Office, Data Collection, Adobe Photoshop and Internet Research
Coding experience with Python and JAVA programming tools.
Leadership and Project management.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor of Agriculture in Crop Science (1st Class Honours) April, 2010 Awarded for travel, lodging and related expenses to 31st Conference on Awarded for Lodging and related expenses to the American Geophysical Union Awarded for travel to the American Geophysical Union Awarded for travel, lodging and related expenses to 10th Symposium on Awarded for Travel, Lodging and related expenses to the Workshop on Health Awarded for travel, lodging and related expenses to AMS Summer Awarded for Travel, Lodging and related expenses to the First Annual AWARDS, HONOURS & SCHOLARSHIPS Franej High School Overall Best Student Award 1999-2003 Edward A.
Ahubelem Scholarship Fund 2004-2010 University of Benin Scholar Prize 2005-2009 Dean's List 2005-2009 Golden Key International Honour Society 2014 TSU CAHNS Ambassador 2013-2014.
Tennessee State UniversityJanuary 2013 to October 2014Research Assistant ESRI User Conference Student Assistant Summer Research Intern Nashville San Diego, TN CA• Conducted an experiment to improve Nitrogen Use Efficiency
• Assisted in the set-up, operation, and maintenance of an Eddy Covariance System to monitor Greenhouse Gas Emission in Corn Croplands.
• Applications of GIS for Soil/Land Reclamation/Restoration
• Presented research at the AGU fall meeting and generate maps using ArcGIS Executed the research projects 'GIS and GPS Applications in the Development of a Sustainable Campus-Community Recycling Program in TSU' and 'Community-Based Environmental Justice Mapping at Cayce Place'
University of Benin, Benin CityJune 2011 to December 2012Research and Teaching Assistant • Assessment of Flooding in the lower Niger Delta Region of Nigeria
• Designed a rainfall simulator to model run-off water on farmlands
• Lectured a course in Climate studies and land management.
• Instructed 54 students in 3 lab sections of Introduction to Field Surveying course. Created labs and field exercises to introduce students to GPS collection techniques and basic GIS analysis. Assisted students with term projects for undergraduate-level GIS course.
Nigerian National Petroleum CompanyMay 2010 to May 2011Land Management Intern • Profile leveling at Markurdi NNPC Pipeline Teg Station
• Estate Survey at NNPC Staff Quarters, Shagamu
• Topographic Route Survey for the multipurpose product of Pipeline for NNPC/PPNC ijede
• Conducted asset management in NNPC Shagamu using Visual LandPro 2000 and training on Tobin map data.
University of BeninJanuary 2009 to May 2010Student Researcher • Conducted a study to monitor land use and land cover change in Benin City.
• Created topographic indices from digital elevation models. Obtained Landsat data and processed using Erdas IMAGINE remote sensing software.
Tennessee State University12 2014Master of Science: Agricultural Sciences, EnvironmentalNashville, TN, USGPA: GPA: 0.933GPA: 0.933
University of BeninBachelor of Agriculture: management and Soil Science, LandGPA: GPA: 0.913GPA: 0.913
Maps and the Geospatial Revolution (Distinction) - The Pennsylvannia State University Skills for the Digital Earth - Elmhurst College An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python - Rice University
General , African Students Association, TSU
from a Corn Production System measured with the Eddy covariance and Chamber techniques Seasonal Dynamics of N2O and CO2 Emissions Chamber based measurements of (N2O, and CO2) emissions in a commercial corn field. 1st il Annual HBCU Climate Change Student Conference, Apr of Five Tree Species in Okomu National Park in gical Society (NMETs) on 'Climate Change and Variability'. November 5th-9th, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria, 2012 Udo, Edo State, Nigeria. Annual Conference of the Nigerian Meteorolo in Nigeria: year meeting, University of Otuoke, Bayelsa, Nigeria. 2012 The Niger Delta Flood Debacle. Environmental Impact Agency, Late
GIS, TOPOGRAPHIC, ARCGIS, EMISSION, MAINTENANCE, GPS, COLLECTION, FIELD SURVEYING, SIMULATOR, SURVEYING, TEACHING, LAND USE, COTS, ERDAS, REMOTE SENSING, ASSET MANAGEMENT, PIPELINE, TRAINING, ESRI, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, AIR QUALITY, ARCINFO, ARCVIEW, AUTOCAD, AWARD, CHEMISTRY, CODING, CRISIS MANAGEMENT, DATA COLLECTION, DYNAMICS, ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT, EXCEL, EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS, GEOPHYSICAL, JAVA, MENTORING, MICROSOFT DYNAMICS, MICROSOFT OFFICE, MS OFFICE, NATURAL, PHOTOSHOP, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, PYTHON, SAN, SAS, SECRETARY, Serial Attached SCSI, SPSS, STORAGE AREA NETWORK, LABORATORY, MAPPING, TOPO, EMISSIONS, CLASS, COMPREHENSIVE LARGE ARRAY DATA STEWARDSHIP SYSTEM, SOIL SCIENCE