Experienced in Trade and Clean Payment, Process Centralization, Operational Risk Analyst and Project Management with over 12 years of blended experience in Banking Industry. Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving customer satisfaction, and driving overall operational improvements through the institutionalization of best standard practice culture and Governance. Consistently saved operational write-off, while increasing profits.
• Reconcile Nostro account, proof of account, prepare Dom movement & RBDC report
• International settlements, interest distribution, recover charges and E-reconciliation
• Prepare Form M returns, WBR report, proof of: contingent liabilities, cash collateral LC account, FX suspense account, all transit account and LC line charge account
• Wire transfers to international banks according to customers instruction
• Investigation and repair of failed wire transactions
• Monthly dashboard report preparation on performance across the bank's regions
• Establish RMA with other banks, manage Dom transfer portal and transfer inquiries
• International fund transfer, collate daily inflow and prepare SWIFT messages (MT199, 200, 202, 103)
• Streamlined the process of quarterly interest distribution from 14 days to 3 days with less human possible errors
• Reformatted the department's “Reconcilement Balancing Report” (BRB) for ease of understanding and interpretation.
• Drafted the process flow of accounting entries to ease open item repairs and serve as learning guide
• Facilitated several in-house presentations and trainings for team integration and to assist inputters understand the importance of reconciliation.
• Introduced cutting edge investigations and repair strategies that placed Nostro and related mirror accounts on a seamless daily run and early report circulation.
• Accounts redefinition and mapping for proper book keeping
• Collation of interest earned on cash cover accounts for quarterly interest distribution.
• Investigate irregularities from correspondent banks and follow up for immediate repairs
• Collation and repatriation of all returned funds / unutilized funds for clean payments and trade transactions.
• Regulatory documentation handling and liaising.
• Report writing on investigation findings.
• Liaising with all correspondent banks on over charges, duplicated payments and delayed shipping documents.
• Collate miscellaneous items, prepare monthly balance movement, consolidation and provisioning monitoring.
• Successfully eliminated yearly write-off of unreconciled items by building a water tight reconciliation system.
• Reviewed and established a standardized book keeping procedures with all correspondent banks.
• Member of the team that instituted reconciliation culture and perfect transaction referencing in the department.
• Principally participated in Intellinx (the old reconciliation tool) project and captured all the pain points that brought about it been discarded.
Built strong governance and best practices around daily reconciliation of Nostro, Vostro and other internal accounts.
Trained all Internal Control and Enhance Group of 6 African Subsidiaries
Set up a centralized reconciliation system with best fit escalation grid that brought about transparency of the state of affairs to management on daily basis.
Created several process notes for various users with a target of getting uniform custom and practices.
Set a process that escalate all unconventional transactions as they occur.
Assisted in mapping Trade accounts (Nostro and Mirror) to fit into global book set up.
• Certified Member; Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Certified Member; Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (ACIT)
• Certified Member; Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ACA)
• Certified Member; Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (ACIB)
• Certified Member; Institute of Cost Management of Nigeria (ACCM)
• Certified Member; Nigerian Institute of Management Chartered (AMNIM)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: