Inspirational and communicative leader with over 15 years of experience in natural resources project management. Excellent record of developing human and programmatic capacity. Adept at complex grant and budget administration, project management and meeting objectives through collaborative and strategic efforts.
● Secured and successfully administered annual Federal and state grants totaling nearly $4 million dollars over the last 5 years.
● Provided mentorship to more than 100 early career professionals and interns, assisting them in professional development and career advancement.
● Revitalized SalmonWatch Program in the greater Lane County (Oregon) area to provide outdoor experiential education for more than 800 grade school students per year; chaired the program's steering committee.
● Secured funding for and oversaw the development of a state-wide database to house biological and age data for multiple fish species.
● Developed a recruitment screening matrix that explicitly addresses diversifying field staff by co-prioritizing lived experience and educational background.
● Project Management Certification, Spring Arbor University, 2000
● State of Oregon Trainings in volunteer management; leadership; communication; and diversity, equity and inclusion
● Executive Seminar Program For Natural Resources, Portland State University, 2017-18
Invited Lectures: Oregon State University
● Introduction of Fisheries and Wildlife -- 2010, 2016
● Natural Resources Decision Making -- 2012, 2013
● Fisheries Management -- 2019
Professional Society: Oregon Chapter American Fisheries Society
● Member -- 2006 to present
● Education and Outreach Committee Chair -- 2014-2016
● Vice President -- 2017-18
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: