Results-focused Process Engineer with strength in software utilization, problem solving, and team management. Strong technical proficiency with over 5 years work history in Oil and Gas industry. Successful at planning small to mid-size capital projects from start to finish. Committed to meeting deadlines and staying under budget.
· U.S. Gulf Coast 2 Petrochemicals, Chevron Pipe Line, Multiple Locations, TX
o Led a cross-functional design team to develop Block Flow Diagrams, Process Flow Diagram's, and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams for over six valve sites and nine pipeline terminals.
o Coordinated with existing facility, Chevron Pipeline, and project personnel to ensure the accuracy of tie-ins to the existing process units and project-specific Management of Change process is followed.
o Improved equipment design by working with team members and customers on pig launchers/receivers, feedstock meters, ethylene meters, ethane meters, provers, Ethylene/PP Mix switching stations, and pressure reducing stations.
o Provided technical expertise in measurement equipment (Coriolis meters, Orifice meters, and Turbine).
· Clemens Cavern 24 Conversion to Ethylene, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Clemens, TX
o Succeed in working with teammates, vendors, and sub-contractors to produce accurate 30% and 15% total installed cost (TIC) estimates. The scope was to convert an underground salt cavern to a 3.5 MM barrels well-designed system that facilitates the import and export of ethylene.
o Solicited pricing and reviewed proposal packages from vendors to ensure technical accuracy for brine pumps with a total estimate equipment cost of $850,000.
· FB-703 Water Draw Off, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Baytown, TX
o Lead Process Engineer in a retrofit project that added Water Drawoff Pump and recirculating piping to re-route the off-spec hydrocarbon products to the Quench Tower & Quench Water Separator.
· Galveston Bay Refinery Parallel Pumps, Marathon Petroleum Company, Texas City, TX
o Developed engineering solutions to 10 specific operating issues of running the pumps in parallel.
o Constructed hydraulic models with the assistance of the engineering software PIPE-FLO professional and analyzed the complex refinery piping systems.
· Firewater Pump System Upgrade, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Port Arthur, TX
o Performed engineering design to upgrade the existing firewater system from 4,000 GPM to 7,000 GPM to provide firewater exposure protection for two 100,000 Bbl Horton spheres storing Raw Pyrolysis Gasoline and Debutanized Aromatic Concentrate.
· MAPD Converter, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Port Arthur, TX
o Developed FEED deliverables to support a +/-30% TIC estimate of a methylacetylene and propadiene (MAPD) converter system to reduce contamination of propylene product overhead and upgrade propane byproduct bottom at the Propylene Fractionator.
· Lube Oil Re-refining Revamp, Topsail Energy, Baytown, TX
o Prepared sizing calculations for pressure relief devices protecting atmospheric storage tanks, pumps, and heat exchangers in accordance to API STD 520 Part I/Part II, API 521, and API 2000.
· Compressor C404 Cooling Airflow, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Baytown, TX
o Verified adequacy of existing blowers to provide cold air by developing a PIPE-FLO Professional hydraulic model for the installation of a vent stack, rectangular duct, control dampers, and air filters.
· Expedited detail engineering for new pipelines, switching stations, and meters transporting 60,000 BPD condensate, natural gasoline, and butane products for the Utica Butane Expansion project.
· Performed quality review to ensure compliance with Company Quality Assurance/Quality Control on PFD's, P&ID's, and isometric drawings.
· Carried out a timely completion on all delegated tasks, including P&ID's development, vendor bid analysis, and initial fill calculation on GSP cryogenic turbo-expander plants, refrigeration systems, and amine treating systems.
· Improved assembly and fabrication efficiency by implementing Pick List and Drawing Index Field.
· Achieved cost-savings of estimated $25,000 on standard projects by automating project deliverables.
· Designed bulk oil, water, and gas heating and separation systems; high pressure piping systems; pressure relief and gas blowdown systems; boarding valve and gas lift boarding shutdown valve (BSDV) skids; open and closed drain systems; firewater and foam deluge systems for fire protection; subsea flow-assurance/chemical-injection systems.
· Contributed about 90% of process engineering deliverables in two large projects to design topsides equipment on a semi-submersible platform to receive, process, and export oil and gas from subsea high-pressure wells.
· Attained less than 5% error for engineering estimated weight and calculated center of gravity coordinates.
· Analyzed the flare header design based on the Energy Institute AVIFF Guidelines and other applicable methodologies for the new relief scenarios with the Aspen Flare System Analyzer to identify flare system issues.
1st Place, Team Division, the William Cunningham Award (AIChE National Student Design Competition)
Engineer in Training (EIT) - Texas
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: