I'm looking to take the next step with IHG, by applying for a General Manager position at the Candlewood Suites in Salt Lake City. I've invested and will continue to invest the experiences obtained from my previous military career, and my operational experience with the Staybridge Suites- Univ. of Arkansas, to elevate the Salt Lake City location to a leader among the brand.
Below the Zone Award: Eligible for early promotion, which is given to 1 out of 20 qualified applicants in the USAF.
Committee Member for European Environmental Compliance: Member of committee which brought coordination between US MIlitary bases and European environmental standards.
- I began my time at the Staybridge Suites as a night auditor, while attending the University of Arkansas. I accepted the Operations Manager position in May of 2013.
- Q.A.: B.S.-94.03, B.S.S.-100, Cl-90.72, Con-89.84, OSAT-88.87, CSA-91.78
- Controlled hotel certification to Green Engage Level 1 status
- Extensive auditing experience, including Opera night audit, AR maintenance, hotel bank auditing, Concur, IHG Reward reimbursement, audit records retention program, Workflow and training
- Planned and coordinated implementation of computer and linen refresh with a seamless integration into hotel
- Researching for approval various additions to the hotel, including verifying compliance, purchase and integration into hotel
- Creation of a permanent filing system, storing training records, manifests, hotel purchase history, and correspondence records.
- Taking on the escalation of guest service opportunities, to resolve issues in an efficient manner, ensuring satisfaction and love for IHG
- Through quarterly meetings and individual coaching, fostered leadership in hotel staff to resolve guest issues quickly, so escalation is at a minimal
- Created a weekly billing program, where multiple group and company business is posted, filed and forwarded to the proper accounting entities, ensuring that small and large business partner's billing is handled without error.
- Responsible for weekly scheduling of team members in all departments of hotel, with budgeting and hotel need as guides
- As with all Operations Managers for Staybridge Suites, I perform AR functions, prepare and deliver deposits, sign off ADP control reports, control Tax Exemption Worksheets, and audit daily GM packets.
During this time, I worked in the department directly responsible for interviewing, researching the work history and certifying drivers.
Maintenance technician, traveling with aircraft, to ensure mission success during Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Concentrated in ethical and moral philosophy. This has greatly helped to find solutions, to a multiplicity of complicated issues, faced while leading.
Studied elections and speech writing. This adds greatly to my ability to motivate team members toward goals, while building a thirst for success.
Secured during enlistment in the US Air Force.
Crew Chief - C-130E Airframe
- Crew Chiefs are generally responsible for the daily maintenance and repair of aircraft owned by the U.S.A.F.
- Record keeping is required to follow each component used, and is among the most extensive used in the U.S. Military. This is a prime responsibility of any Crew Chief.
- Part of career spent in ISO Dock, where yearly an aircraft is broken down, undergoing a complete inspection of all components. This is a near complete deconstruction and reconstruction of the aircraft over a two week period.
- During time spent at Ramstein AFB, I was included on a team coordinating the Hazardous Material compliance standards for all U.S. Military bases, to comply with U.S., European Union, U.N. and U.S. Military Standards. This model was applied to every U.S. base operating in Europe.
- Completed a six year enlistment with an Honorable Discharge
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: