Mechanical Engineer with over 24 years of experience in manufacturing and product development.
Awarded with many patents.
12 years of new product design, development, proto typing and testing experience,
Excellent knowledge of swimming pool systems and fluid dynamics
15 years of experience in plastic part design
7 years of experience in sheet metal part design
18 years of Tool & Die making, maintenance and tool design experience – includes plastic injection molds, sheet metal tooling and production fixtures.
7 years of experience in CNC programming and machining.
18years of exposure to world class manufacturing - lean manufacturing.
13 years of modeling experience of Solidworks and 2 years experience in pro-e
Practicing GD&T (ANSI y 14.5), 3P, 2P, Lean product development, SPC, DFMEA, PFMEA, DFM&A, RCA, DoE and six sigma
Plastics injection molding experience
Expertise in design and manufacture of plastic injection molds, press tools, jigs &fixtures.
Programming expertise in CNC controls like Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Hass, and Yasnac
Experienced in manufacturing engineering and product engineering
Self motivated, excellent communication skills (written and verbal),
Excellent problem solving skill and people skill.
Multi lingual-(English, Spanish and 3 East Indian languages).
Pentair Water Pool and Spa, Inc. Sanford, NC
Member of value improvement team- accomplished $1million in operational savings by resolving warranty issues and resin changes at Pentair water pool and spa, inc.
Project management- successfully managed the design and launch of 4 new products involving global cross functional teams within Pentair, inc. multiple patents are awarded for the designs.
Mentoring and leading junior Engineers- as a senior engineer, mentor and train new engineers in lean product development process, provide guidance in plastic resin selection, plastic part design and manufacturing processes.
Problem solving through Root Cause Analysis- Leading cleaner product engineering team in resolving quality related failures or process related problems by incorporating Root Cause Analysis tool; also utilized DoE to optimize production processes and design.
Letro Products, Inc. Redding, CA.
1) Set up engineering dept and a most modern tool room which could handle most of the manufacturing needs in the area of new product development, production, molding, tool making and maintenance
2) Single handedly designed and developed three new products which are patented in US, Australia and Europe.
3) Restructured the manufacturing facility, introduced lean manufacturing system and 5S for efficient material flow and reduced waste in assembly process.
4) Introduced quick mold change system to reduce down time during mold changes. This system was later incorporated widely within Pentair Water Pool and Spa facilities.
5) Set up an in-process and incoming quality control system
6) Introduced training material and trained employees in tool room and production machineries
Mattel Toys, Inc- Mexico
1) Improved the production through put in CNC area by increasing actual run time from 16hrs/day to 20hrs/day, adjusting the working hours of machinists to run the machines full 24 hrs.
2) Made procedure chart and check list for machinists in setting up a job and editing a program (G&M codes) in order to avoid errors contributing to scrap, tool breakage, waste of time and money.
3) Introduced a new type of indexing table to save 75% of job set up time and eventually saved 60% of the machine run time
4) Actively involved in implementing changes on plastic part designs utilizing “DFM&A”
Manage new product development projects from ideation through Launch.
Conduct, 3P, 2P, Product design reviews, stage gate reviews, DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, Tool design reviews, Manufacturing process development, Vendor development, PPAP and Pilot runs.
Manage domestic and off-shore contract manufacturers, including traveling overseas to inspect manufacturing onsite.
Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
Letro products was acquired by Pentair Water Pool and Spa in February 2003.
Worked as Engineering Consultant between July 1999 and November 2000.
1) Training tool room and production personnel.
2) Set up programming centers.
3) Resource and job planning.
4) Implementation of systemized planning.
5) New and existing Product Engineering.
6) R&D of existing and future projects.
7) Streamlining, budgeting and cost control.
8) Quality control
9) Lead manufacturing team
10) Manufacture and maintenance of plastic injection molds, fixtures, etc.
11) Engineering changes and document control
12) Any other duties assigned by the CEO.
1) On time completion of schedules set by planning dept.
2) Working with planning dept. for prioritizing
3) Generate error free programs
4) Decision making, maintenance and trouble shooting for 7 VMC's, 2 high speed VMC's for graphite machining, gun drilling machine, digitizer, accessories and tools
5) Supervise a work force of 10 machinists
6) Interact with product design team on manufacturability and assembly
5 year degree - 4 years of school and 1 year on the job training
Society of Manufacturing Engineers
Society of Plastic Engineers
Job Titles Held: