Talented engineer with more than seventeen years of comprehensive experience in mechanical and piping design of petrochemicals, LNG, and paper manufacturing industries. Extensive experience in project monitoring, control, and design engineering. Broad experience in assisting clients to air permitting, licensing, research, and process hazard analysis. Possesses strong problem-solving skills, proven leadership, and excellent communication skills. Worked with all levels of management, employees, and contractors. Great attention to details and result driven. Developed healthy working relationship in a global business with colleagues from Asia, Europe, and America.
• Summarize and recommend formulating contracts in sizing and purchasing various mechanical equipment.
• Raise 12% project income by negotiating competitive pricing and fees of various mechanical equipment
• Research and provide quality client support in the air permitting process for a new chemical plant project.
• Delegate project design and engineering tasks, and allot budgets and resources.
• Manage and been a team member of chemical and manufacturing projects involving design and engineering.
• Review and recommend modification of process and utility piping systems of chemical and industrial plants.
• Develop process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
• Created plans and general arrangement drawings of industrial and chemical plant projects for review and approval.
• Design special pipe supports and select pipe materials corresponding to service fluid and system requirements.
• Supervise onsite construction, equipment installation and commissioning.
• Designed and managed the engineering of a new tank farm for petrochemical products and the related piping, structural and electrical systems.
• Designed and supervised installation of 42.0-MTR detrashers, a 55.0-MDSTPH couch pit pulper, centrifugal pumps, and related piping systems.
• Designed and oversaw construction of a 7500-gallons, sodium hydroxide tank and related piping systems.
• Planned and scheduled piping engineering activities and manpower requirements.
• Led and organized engineers in developing plan and isometric drawings.
• Improved and reviewed project quality of deliverables as quality checker of project area.
• Developed and analyzed conceptual routing and plot plans.
• Reviewed and checked piping layout and piping information of equipment.
• Developed and formulated a man-hour and execution strategy for a $100,000 LPG Column revamp project.
• Coached and managed junior piping engineers and designers for twelve (12) months.
• Negotiated contracts with clients and subcontractors, while resolving design and engineering problems.
• Led and organized milestone 3D model reviews with client and other disciplines and prepare specifications.
• Interfaced at project sites and coordinate with other teams to improve engineering deliverables.
• Developed equipment layouts using AutoCAD, proposed bill of materials, and performed basic stress analysis.
• Reviewed and checked piping layout and piping information of equipment for petrochemical plant projects.
• 25% improvement of model review deliverables by drafting specifications and work instructions using ASME and ASTM for at least three (3) projects.
• Slashed proposed project area by 300% while ensuring economy and safety in the layouts and planning.
• Developed and administered a 20-day AutoCad training program for junior piping engineers in Korea.
• Led a team of engineers and delegated tasks to developed plot plans and general arrangement drawings.
• Coordinated and interfaced with site engineers for test block diagram updates and official line list.
• Designed and developed special pipe supports for spring support loadings.
• Coached and managed subcontractors for one year.
• Team leader of junior engineers that reduced steam tracing man-hour activity by 25%.
• Developed and administered the training program for cadet engineers in my area.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: