Manufacturing Engineer with over 20 years of diversified design, manufacturing, automation and trouble shooting experience in high and low volume production. Extensive background in Mechanical engineering. Aggressive at identifying and resolving inefficient procedures and processes.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes including injection molding, machining, stamping.
• Maintain and improve efficient Stapler Instrument manufacturing line.
• Implement design and process changes to improve product manufacturing.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction
• Trouble shoot line and equipment issues
• Responsible for the validation and qualification of manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging standard qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/DQ/PQ)
• Analyze manufacturing line from a risk perspective (PFMEA) to incorporate and validate critical tests used in manufacturing
• Evaluate and select suppliers for mechanical and electrical subsystems. Help resolve supplier quality issues
• Take responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation
• Provides training and support to production technicians
• Provide design engineers with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability input
• Interface with product development, planning, purchasing, technicians, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing teams
• Leads/participates in initiative focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, outsourcing of assemblies, etc.
• Interfaced with manufacturing and design engineering in coordinating the release of new products
• Reviewed new design for manufacturability and made recommendations to design engineering on improvements of Serviceability, Safety, Ergonomics.
• Estimated manufacturing cost, determined time standards and made recommendations for fixturing and process requirements of new product lines.
• Developed, implemented and maintained methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacturing of sub-assemblies and final assemblies
• Made recommendations for outsourcing vs building in house of sub-assemblies
• Worked with outside suppliers on outsourcing activities.
• Maintained records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
• Worked closely with design engineering to close issues found during manufacturing of new products.
• Designed and procured manufacturing fixtures.
• Performed First Builds: To determine product manufacturability including BOM validation, determine proper build sequence, labor hour estimation, DMFA, tooling and fixtures assessment
Manage field service team that provided optimum support for Robots and Automated Systems manufactured by Brooks Automation.
Provide support and guidance to service staff to ensure timely and quality customer services.
Develop workflow for the field service team.
Assist in goal setting, skill enhancement and performance reviews activities for field service staffs.
Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by the team members.
Develop programs to improve technical and customer service skills of service staffs.
Identify and resolve employee concerns/complaints.
Assist in interviewing and hiring new professionals.
Ensure that the resources are properly trained to meet service objectives.
Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components such as engines, rotors, transmissions, mechanical flight controls and their components.
Perform scheduled inspections, repairs and maintenance.
Use and perform operator maintenance on tools, special tools and aircraft ground support equipment.
Maintain and repair aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components.
Apply technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and use required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation.
Participate in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: