Senior investment banker adept at building executive relationships, analyzing and leading actionable growth and divestment strategies, negotiating a broad range of mergers and acquisitions options, and leading high-performance teams. I have 18 years of M&A advisory experience across the energy, technology, and healthcare sectors, and have created substantial working relationships amongst boards, executive teams, and private equity that enable me to provide exceptional advice and capital options to clients. As Head of Energy Investment Banking at Oaklins for 10 years, I have built our banking team across 40 countries that was responsible for $15 billion of transaction closings. I have created substantial relationships amongst boards, entrepreneurs, executive teams, and private equity to create an ecosystem of trusted global partners.
As Managing Partner, I am one of 3 partners who owns the Dallas M&A advisory practice. I lead a high performance team inclusive of bankers, analysts, support, and researchers. In addition to initiating and cultivating relationships with clients, private equity firms, and strategic and public company executive teams, I source and negotiate transaction opportunities across the energy and healthcare sectors. I also have built a high-level global team of deal attorneys, accountants, bankers, and restructuring advisors, in addition to leading global efforts and building high impact teams across our organization.
Lead sell-side engagements with shareholders at established mid-market companies valued between $50 and $500 million. I negotiate all aspects of transactions with large strategic and financial buyers, including value, deal structure, and financing. I am highly involved with cash flow analysis, quality of earnings reports, tax planning, purchase document provisions, and contingencies. I also provide both financial and operational expertise and insight across several industry sectors.
Some transactions I have initiated, marketed, and closed individually include:
· $400 MM sale of Enerflow Industries to $7B revenue National Oilwell Varco (NYSE: NOV)
· $40 MM favorable working capital adjustments for Enquest Energy Solutions from NOV
· $350 MM sale of Midfield Supply to Red Man Pipe and Supply, now $4B revenue MRC (NYSE: MRC)
· $150 MM sale of Keane and Sons (FRAC) to Cerberus Capital with $50 B AUM, follow on $200 MM acquisition of Trican's US Frac fleet Assets
· $40 MM sale of Copstat Security to DFW Capital Partners, Andrews International, and Audax
· $30 MM sale of Choice Cancer Care to $1B revenue Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)
· $35 MM sale of Nusco Supply and Manufacturing to Altus Energy Services
· $50 MM restructuring of Surefire Industries' 50% partner interest in Calgary
Highlight of Transactions I have participated in:
· $250 MM sale of Culbertson Construction, Pidherney Welding, & J4 Fluid Services to US Shale Solutions
· $60 MM Sale of SeaWest to AES Corp.
· Sale of Wright Trucking to Hastings Equity
· Sale of The Mudlogging Company to SCF Partners
· Sale of Surepoint Group to Wynnchurch Capital
· Sale of US WindForce to Edison
· Sale of Rockin R' Gas to BJ Services
· Sale of Red Dirt Rentals to Orix Energy Services
· Sale of Padoma Wind to NRG Energy
· Sale of Panhandle Oilfield Service to Akoya Capital
· Sale of Potter Trucking to BlueKnight Energy Partners
· Sale of Foster Testing to Hastings Equity
· Sale of Gator Testing to Covenant Testing Technologies
· Sale of Excalibur Energy to Heckman Corp.
· Sale of CDK Perforating to SCF Partners
· Sale of Condor Frac Blending to National Oilwell Varco
Lead buy-side engagementson behalf of large private companies. I advise on acquisition strategy and implementation, transition planning, due diligence and legal hurdles, and cross-border requirements. I create operational and financial assessments, advise on integration of technology and human capital, and negotiate compensation and retention packages for top shareholders. Some engagements include:
· $1 billion engineering & industrial manufacturing client with 5 divisions in Germany, France, UK, and the US, with 80 subsidiaries employing 4300 employees. Currently advising on large acquisition targets in the US
· $1.5 billion steel distribution client with 8 subsidiaries throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. Currently raising capital for an $80 MM acquisition of an orphan division of a multi-billion dollar public company
· $2 billion private midstream oil tank storage and distribution firm with facilities across Europe, looking to expand into the US. Currently advising on acquisition targets in the US and Canada.
Head of Energy Investment Banking for Oaklins International. As one of 16 vertical segment heads at Oaklins International, consisting of 700 senior bankers across some 40 countries, I am responsible for some $15 billion of energy transactions completed over the last 5 years. I also lead cross-border relationships with many of our vertical heads, and lead acquisitions and relationships in the US on behalf of our international acquisition needs.
Highlights of several global transactions I have overseen:
· $243 MM sale of wind portfolio projects of NTR plc, owned by Altas Investments
· $50 MM sale of Byron Energy Pty to Trojan Equity Ltd
· $1.6 Billion purchase of Northern Ireland Electricity plc by Ireland's Electricity Supply Board
· $755 MM purchase of wind and bioenergy project firm SWS Natural Resources (sub of SWS Group) by Bord Gais Eireann (listed gas utility firm in Ireland)
· $240 MM purchase of a 49% stake in crude oil transporter TRANSPETROL, a.s. from Yukos Intl UK B.V. by the Slovak government
· $80 MM purchase of Tallinna Vesi, a monopoly utility of water and sewer services, to United Utilities plc
Negotiate complex transactions, specifically one involving liquidity to over 100 shareholders,involved multiple countries, different accounting standards and tax implications, creation of multiple cross border entities, complete rework of existing buy-sell agreements, and continued stock ownership by a portion of the shareholders.
Led development team in evaluating and executing on acquisitions, partnerships, and licensing. Created valuation methods and financial planning models to analyze the economics of the ventures; created or reshaped internal processes to ensure the success of the ventures; oversaw deal execution.
Managed the business development program. Worked with executive management to create understanding and requisite investments into the program. Provided leadership in scaling the program to double revenue by 2002. Created the business processes to efficiently work with partners.
Established alliances with three of the largest telecom companies, transaction hardware providers, and managed services providers. Consulted withexecutive management on strategic options.
Led a team of consultants to deliver systems design and integration, strategic positioning of services, and process redesign to the Product Management division of Verizon to support the deployment of Verizon's Managed Network Services. Consulted on the creation and division of this organization across engineering (database and application administration), operations (service creation, order entry, problem resolution and alarm management), sales channel support, and design. Consulted on the design and processes to support web based performance and fault management to integrate with back office operational support systems.
Managed project execution and delivery. Interfaced with client executive management to create the business case and cross-functional teams to ensure successful deployment within the newly created corporate strategy, vision, and goals. Interviewed and recruited key staff positions for temporary and full time support.
Exceeded goal of $10 million in revenue for 1999, $20 million for 2001, and over $30 million by 2002. Delivered project within budget constraints. Featured speaker for nationwide customer forums on the scalability and creation of managed broadband services and e-business platforms across multiple industry segments.
Exceeded month-to-month quota goals for year end attainment of $4+ million in revenue.Increased market penetration into higher education, K-12, and government customers in Texas by developing innovative data solutions and outsourcing services. Worked extensively in creating new channels with telecommunication and content companies.
Led the development of targeted vertical segment packages with end-to-end solutions in IP voice, private and public fiber services, quality of service, and network management.
Have been awarded "Who's Who in Energy" achievement awards from the Dallas Business Journal in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Finalist for The M&A Advisor's Deal of the Year ($250 Million to $500 Million), Corporate/Strategic Acquisition of the Year ($100 Million to $500 Million), and Energy Deal of the Year (under $500 Million)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: