Veterinary Technician with 6 years of progressive experience in animal hospitals and clinics. A compassionate provider with a dedication to providing thorough education to animal owners on best practices in preventative care.
My role as a manager at Billabong Hanalei is to constantly be collaborating with staff to maximize customer satisfaction, improve bottom-line profitability, facilitate exceptional sales and performance results, along with enforcing training programs to enhance employee knowledge of best practices. My responsibilities include consistently counting inventory, ordering merchandise, creating weekly schedules, and creating an enjoyable and professional work environment for my team and customers.
My duty as a veterinary technician at North Bay Animal Hospital was to provide the best care for both the patient and client.
Along with being a technician I was also the inventory specialist that was responsible for ordering all medications and supplies that we kept stocked in our hospital. After receiving each order I would then enter the invoice items into our inventory. At the end of each month I would then perform a EOM drug count to thouroughly keep our inventory intact in the case of being audited.
While that was a large part of my job, I was also one of the lead technicians on the floor. I performed anesthetic procedures, sedation prodedures, dental cleanings with radiographs, assisted in surgeries (routine and orthopedic), and assisted our doctors during exams. At North Bay Animal hospital we would perform most laboratory work in house, including ear cytology's, skin cytology's, microfalaria tests, urinary sediments, cytology with fine needles aspirates, etc. I am also familiar with most chemistry, CBC, and urinary equipment.
Aside from the laboratory aspect I truly enjoyed working along side a great team while assisting in any way I could and being able to depend on coworkers with any questions they or myself may of had.
As a Trail guide I was responsible for taking a large group of inexperienced people on an hour long western style trail ride through salt flats and trails.
My duties of being a farm hand included feeding the animals (including horses, exotics, petting zoo, reptiles, etc.), cleaning stalls of any urine or manure, and building and repairing enclosures for animals.
As a veterinary technician my responsibilities included monitoring patients under anesthesia, administering vaccinations, collecting a thorough history of each patient, performing bloodwork, reading cytology's (skin, ears, and Fine-needle aspirated, etc.), anesthetic procedures, dentistry procedures, filling prescriptions, and assisting doctors with exams.
Dr. Kristi Rhodes, DVM
Business acquaintance/Associate Veterinarian
Dr. Cameron Smart, DVM
Business acquaintance/Associate Veterinarian
Dr. Timothy Lassett, DVM, DABVP
• Observe the behavior and condition of animals and monitor their clinical symptoms.
• Maintain controlled drug inventory and related log books.
• Care for and monitor the condition of animals recovering from anesthetic procedures.
• Administer anesthesia to animals, under the direction of a veterinarian, and monitor animals' responses to anesthetics so that
dosages can be adjusted.
• Administer emergency first aid, such as performing emergency resuscitation.
• Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments
• Fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
• Collect, prepare, and label samples for laboratory testing, culture, or microscopic examination.
• Take and develop diagnostic radiographs, using x-ray equipment.
• Prepare surgery suites.
• Taking patients into treatment areas and assist with physical examinations by performing such duties as obtaining temperature,
pulse, and respiration data.
• Perform dental work, such as cleaning, polishing, or assisting with extracting teeth.
• Provide veterinarians with the correct equipment or instruments, as needed.
•Clean and sterilize instruments, equipment, or materials.
• Perform catheterizations, blood draws, and administration of IV or SQ medications.
• Prepare animals for surgery, performing such tasks as shaving surgical areas.
• Supervise or train veterinary students or other staff members.
CPR and First Aid Certified
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: