Responsible in the knowledge of where certain medical offices are. People have often remarked, "if you didn't take me to where I was going, I couldn't have found it". I feel very good when they say that. I makes me feel like I have really helped someone. Many places in the hospital are very hard to find.
I try very hard to put a person at ease by talking to them about any thing but what they are there for. Sometimes, they are going to surgery, and are very nervous about it. I may have had the same surgery, so I tell them there is nothing to be afraid of. "Piece of Cake" I tell them. That put's their mind at ease.
I am very eager to help any one. If I see they are having trouble walking, I offer them a wheel chair. I tell them "I'll drive", they laugh and away we go.
* I have the skill of talking to perfect strangers.
* I have the skill of welcoming people to the hospital with a warm and
friendly "Hello", and a smile.
* I try to have the skill of putting people at ease when they come in
upset about a procedure.
* I have the skill in finding the correct person to help if I don't know the
As a Lobby Ambassador at the hospital:
* Great people that enter the hospital, they may be there to visit a loved one, or they are there for an appointment.
* My responsibility to great with a kind and cheerful smile, and have a pleasant voice.
* I escort the person to where they are going. Either to the Registration office or to the Surgical Registration, or x-ray department, MRI Department, or to Surgical Waiting area to meet up with other family members, or to be there when their loved one comes out of surgery.
* I make certain that there is enough wheel chairs to provide the people who need one. I may have to look on each floor to find some.
* I have also worked in other volunteer positions.
My responsibilities at the Rock Island Country Market
* I bagged groceries for customers.
* I took groceries out to the customers automobiles and loaded the groceries into their car.
* I performed cashier duties
* I scanned each item correctly,
* I received payment and if they paid In cash, I was able to make the correct change and I counted back the change to the customer.
* I had the knowledge of each produce item in the store, also knew the scan number for each item
* I needed to know where the customer could find the item they were looking for .
* I wrote a notebook containing the scan numbers for produce items, and also included where all the items were at in the store, this book also contained instructions on performing different cash register duties that are not performed regularly. I also provided these notebooks to other cashiers.
* making sure that my cash counted out correctly.
Computer Information Specialist:
* I was responsible for writing computer programs in COBOL.
The customer would request updated data listings that would reflect
* I was responsible for re-writing computer programs or updating computer programs.
At times the customer would request the data appear in a different format,
or additional data be provided on data listings.
* I was responsible when developing a new or updating an existing
program. I would keep in touch with the customer to make sure
I was understanding their requirements. I also provided the customer
with a sample listing to make sure that I covered and provided them
with the data they were looking for.
* I was responsible to provide the customer a reasonable time frame
when the project would be completed. I made sure that I was on
time and delivered when promised.
* I was responsible when the project was finished to provide
documentation as to how this program was written, the flow of the
* I was responsible for having to provide "Scheduling" set up instructions
on how to run this program, when to run it so that the customer
can receive their data listings when they are needed.
* I was responsible to provide projects to a Computer Assistant. I needed
to assign duties and to over see that they were performed properly and
* I was able to write several suggestion ideas in order to simplify certain
tasks. One suggestion was to e-mail the documentation over to the
scheduling office instead of using the "slow" mail service.
* I was responsible how to run this program and when to run it so that the customer
can receive their data listings when they are needed.esponsible with working a Computer Assistant. I needed to
on how to run this program and when to run it so that the customer
can receive their data listings when they are needed.
* In my Junior year, I took business classes, typing, shorthand
* During my Junior summer till graduation, I participated in
"OFFICE OCCUPATION" program.
This program allowed me to get a job in the field of study. I was employed
at the 'CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES' in Joliet.
* During my Senior year, I was moved to the receptionist area.
* I greeted customers entering the office with a smile and a friendly welcome.
* I was responsible to answer the phone, transfer the call to the proper
person, or to take messages if they were out of the office.
* I was responsible to type a weekly itinerary from each social worker.
* I was responsible to receive the mail and distribute it to the proper
* I was responsible in collecting the outgoing mail and make sure it was
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: