Adaptable Administrative/ Legal support with enthusiastic attitude and talents in many skills. Charming personality coupled with 18 years of experience in Administrative/ Legal Support. Manages highly confidential information with professionalism and integrity.
· Litigation Support
· Billing Statements
· 65 WPM typing speed
· Document preparation
· Case Management
· Legal Research
· Organizational Efficiency
· Sorting and Labeling
· Accounting Skills
· Business administration
· Mail handling
· Invoice Processing
· Accounting familiarity
· Transcription and dictation
· Records management
· Legal administrative support
· Areas of law to include: Environmental and Family Law
· Answered multi-lines telephone.
· Maintained client files.
· Participated in professional development initiatives for consistent improvement and up-to-date knowledge of emerging trends and best practices.
· Assisted multiple lawyers at time.
· Worked alongside attorneys, administrative assistants and fellow legal assistants on complex cases and legal processes.
· Performed administrative tasks, including revising and finalizing letters, briefs and memos.
· Managed office inventory by restocking supplies and placing purchase orders to maintain adequate stock levels.
· Welcomed office visitors warmly and alerted staff to arrivals of scheduled appointments.
· Supported logistics for programs, meetings and events, including room reservations, agenda preparation and calendar maintenance.
· Processed invoices and expenses using PC Law to facilitate on-time payment.
· Monitored several attorney calendars and scheduled appointments, meetings and travel.
· Sorted and distributed office mail and recorded incoming shipments for corporate records.
· Performed general office duties, including answering multi-line phone system, routing calls, delivering messages to staff and greeting visitors.
· Scheduled and coordinated meetings between legal teams and clients, including setting up refreshments and preparing materials.
· Helped with intake of new clients and materials by setting up files and documenting important information.
· Managed general clerical needs such as opening and closing files, scanning sheets and faxing documents.
Maintained organized office and case-specific paper and digital files for easy tracking and retrieval.
· Areas of law to include: Personal Injury Reviewing files that are to be transferred to litigation, making sure they include all that is needed to file suit.
· Managed day-to-day legal activities such as subpoena services for attorney.
· Coordinated trial exhibits by organizing materials, writing documentation and preparing digital materials and displays.
· Accurately handled data entry for over 100 clients into company-based software.
· Maintained ongoing communication with opposing parties from discovery to trial phase to facilitate expeditious litigation.
· Prepared legal briefs, motions and pleadings.
· Directed and coordinated law office activities, including service of subpoenas and scheduling of depositions.
· Communicated pertinent information to clients via phone, email and mail.
· Conferred with clients and other involved parties to gather and track case information.
Assisted counsel in preparing answers, providing documentation and information for discovery request.
· Areas of law to include: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Bankruptcy, Domestic, Real Estate, Corporate Law
· Opening files, working the files to demand stage,
· Preparing letters, pleadings
· Filing lawsuits by mail and e-file.
· Completing discovery and preparing for trial, including notebooks, and exhibits.
· Communications with client's opposing counsel office, and medical providers.
· Areas of law to include: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Domestic, and Professional Malpractice.
· Assisted a Partner with many day-to-day tasks,
· Scheduled meetings for the attorneys and the staff.
· Prepared a case from start to finish.
· Spoke to clients, medical providers, insurance companies, opposing counsel and their staff, Clerk's office, and Judge's staff.
· Prepared pleadings to include Complaints, Discovery, Motions, and Notices.
· Preparing demand letters, miscellaneous correspondence, and Settlement Statements.
· Kept track of confidential items that pertained to the attorneys and staff.
Prepared and lead meetings with the Legal Assistants and Paralegals.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: