Highly experienced Telecommunications installation, maintenance and repair professional with solid history of success working with networks. Carefully install, test and maintain equipment in Fortune 100 environments. Approach every problem with calm and level-headed strategies based on strong troubleshooting abilities and diagnostics expertise.
Work with and communicate to all stake holders progress, roadblocks, and solutions to keep project on track
· supervise census takers, monitor their progress and performance
· ensure that the quality of work is maintained, and that work is completed on time.
· use electronic devices issued by the Census Bureau to oversee their work.
· Train census takers and monitor and mentor census takers to complete interviews correctly and efficiently first time.
· Use reports to determine problems, implement solutions and enable census takers to respond quickly and competently.
· Input time and work availability on daily basis
· Check alerts and alarms related to census takers and correct
· Coach, mentor, and guide to get best results from each individual census taker
· Provision and Maintain all high-bandwidth circuits of Verizon customers in Verizon Operations Control Center, Troubleshoot and installation of DS0, DS1, DS3, SONET, HDSL, Frame Relay, ATM, DWDM, and Gigabit Ethernet systems to determine the validity of the circuitry to Verify circuit continuity through the network to customer premise demarc. Worked on reported troubles given by external and internal customers to install, repair and maintain these lines in a timely fashion. Operating and maintaining all types of local and toll switching equipment, data network equipment, and associated peripherals Assisting with or performing system and equipment installations, acceptance testing and initialization. Performing and verifying generic upgrades, system reconfigurations and system relocation. with both Field Technicians and Customers on optical, ethernet, and Transparent LAN Services circuits. Assigning cable pairs and installing interfaces to ports, and associated computer equipment. Perform daily backups and routine monitoring of switches, and data networks. Monitoring networks to ensure they are operating at optimal levels. Corrective action taken as needed. Tracking, analyzing, and reviewing system
· Work on Preventive Maintenance for all repairs and responsible for single point of contact for out of hours and weekend coverage.
· Work with Field Technicians, Hi-tech technicians, and Central Office Technicians. Work with Customer Technicians, Engineers, Tier 2 Support
· Responsible for verifying all options, mapping and cards, small form plugins, and gigabit interface controllers in all central offices and customer premise Muxes.
· Responsible for the 24x7x365 monitoring of all critical systems and answering customer support calls
· Answer customer calls, create tickets and perform initial triage for issue resolution
· Monitor network alarms, create tickets and perform initial triage for issue resolution
· Identify customer impact and urgency
· Resolve the issue if possible by utilizing documented processes and run books
· Escalate/Assign tickets to appropriate internal support teams if the issue cannot be resolved within define guidelines
· Own accountability of the incident ticket until ticket closure by observing ticket progression by continued oversight of the incident for appropriate progression
· Perform direct communications to customers for updates as necessary
· Send all incident updates and notifications to defined recipients (internal engineers, management or external customer) as necessary in accordance to defined notification procedure
· Once incident is deemed resolved, verify and close tickets
· Ensure ticket handover during shift changes in accordance to operations guidelines
Responsible for provisioning and repair of all Ds0, T1 circuits for mid-town central office turfs from central office to customer premise demark.
· Work with. central office technicians to verify all wiring and optioning in CO's are correct.
· Work with testers to verify that all mapping and optioning on circuits are correct
· Work with customers technicians and vendors.
provision all equipment and cabling to ensure customer circuit was delivered to customer premises and demark.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: