Detail-oriented Field Service Engineer possessing troubleshooting and installation talents. Successful handling multiple complex technical tasks. Familiarity with with Datacom networks and central office telephony with flexible and adaptable approach to working practices. Looking to fill a position as a circuit actions representative.
- Able to perform detailed site survey for new equipment installation or equipment upgrade.
- Ability to provide best effort solutions to complex network installation problems.
- Installed complete network suites from the racks to the final turn up.
- Installed DC power systems, UPS to AC to DC distribution systems; includes ability to perform cable lacing.
- Installed remote telephone switches, complete installation to POTS line testing.
- Familiar with all types of testing from serial to 10G end to end testing, using various testing units such as JDSU and VIAVI.
- Able to resolve network outages efficiently.
- Outstanding ability to use all network and telephone tools.
- This includes but not limited to multimeters, cable and network testers, tone and probe testers, fiber optic light and meters, buttsets, cable strippers for copper and fiber, wire wrap and punch down tools.
- Ability to recognize and isolate network outage using reasoning and the aforementioned data/telecom tools.
- Able to provide detailed documentation of circuit layouts and cable paths.
- Performed detailed inventory of customers equipment, such as rack elevations and patch panel appearances.
- Accomplished experience in TCP/IP and SONET protocols.
- Sound knowledge of legacy T1, fractional T1 and serial technologies.
- Experienced with VoIP technology transfer to POTS and visa versa.
- Experienced with central office telephone switches, and able to troubleshoot from the wire frame to customers telephone.
- Fabricated DISN cables for installation and repair.
- Performed fiber splicing for installation and repair.
- Able to fabricate CAT6 ethernet or T1, and Coaxial.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: