Research Laboratory Manager with exceptional skills in daily lab operations, experience in a wide range of cell culture systems, animal models, molecular biology, biochemical techniques, and administrative procedures.
Enthusiastic individual with superior skills in working in both team-based and independent capacities. Bringing strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills to any setting. Excited to begin new challenge with successful team.
• Lab operations- Plan and implement policies and procedures to ensure safe and efficient lab work, research and implement changes including new reagents, consumables, instrumentation, or database solutions to improve results or track key experimental data and assets.
• Materials management- Procure and inventory all lab supplies, including capital equipment. Serve as the main lab interface with external suppliers, the purchasing department, accounts payable, and grants management.
• Equipment management- Ensure appropriate and timely equipment services including calibration, maintenance, repairs, service contract renewal, software and hardware upgrades and validations.
• Lab planning- Coordinated redesign and renovation of the tissue culture rooms, aided in the lab's relocation to a new facility.
• Environmental Health and Safety- Serve as the lab safety officer, assist safety professionals and licensing agencies, and interface with facilities staff and external agencies such as Boston Fire Dept.
• Staff support- Assist in the recruitment, training, and supervision of lab members.
• In vivo studies- Carry our work involving humanized bone marrow-like models to study patient-derived myeloma xenografts. Liaise with the Animal Research Facility and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. Write and renew animal protocols and SOPs for the lab.
• Data collection and integrity- Maintain study logs to ensure proper documentation, coordination of sample collection, and processing of patient sera and bone marrow for analysis in clinical trials.
• Supported multiple labs with budget management, requisition and inventory of supplies, overall lab and mouse colony management, and training and supervision of staff.
• Served as laboratory safety officer, maintaining high standards and readiness for inspections.
• Worked with lab heads and post-doctoral fellows to execute preclinical studies to test the efficacy of new compounds, including design of studies, establishing leukemia in mice, treating animals through a variety of routes, daily monitoring of animal health status, collecting relevant endpoint data, analysis of data, and preparation of graphs and final reports.
• Leveraged technical knowledge to assist lab staff with experiments, including in vivo bioluminescence imaging, qPCR, RT-PCR, flow cytometry, Affymetrix GeneChip, and cell culture.
• Managed basic lab operations including consumables inventory, equipment upkeep, and lab safety.
• Built mouse colony management and breeding project from 17 strains in 250 cages to 35 strains across 900 cages. Worked independently to maintain all colonies.
• Responsible for health and maintenance of transgenic, irradiated, and post-procedural animals.
• Expert in technical and diagnostic work, including subcutaneous and intraperitoneal injections, cardiac punctures, tail and retro-orbital bleeds, as well as advanced procedures such as dosing, irradiation, and bone marrow/ tissue harvest.
• Utilized biochemical techniques such as DNA isolation, PCR, and agarose gel electrophoresis to support research projects across the lab.
• Trained and supervised lab members involving animal procedures.
• Supported animal care and husbandry for transgenic, irradiated, and post-procedural mice and general pre- and post-operative monitoring and care.
• Performed in vivo technical and diagnostic works including injections, oral gavage, caesarian sections, cross fostering, fur plucks, and plug checks.
• Sourced and received animals and maintained cages and equipment.
• Oversaw record keeping and data collection for the animal facility and other laboratories.
• Managed daily occupational safety and biohazard tasks.
• Trained and supervised staff involving all animal procedures.
• Assisted in troubleshooting, such as helping develop a system for more efficient cage washing.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: