Core qualifications and competencies include: Understands terminologies in the following industries: Medical, Finance, High-tech, Insurance, Court and Law. Adherence to the Code of Ethics for Interpreters. Excellent social skills - Ability to work with a wide range of people from various backgrounds, using quality customer service and communication skills. Clear enunciation and pronunciation - Pleasant / professional voice and polite forms of expression. Comprehension of Portuguese and medium verbal fluency. Experience in Legal office management and personnel, as well as interpreting and translating. Advanced knowledge in research and data entry. Knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel, MS Power Point and other word-processing software. Bridging the Gap Interpreting certification from (CCHCP).
● Assists patients with limited English proficiency (LEP), physicians, nursing staff and other clerical personnel by providing interpretive services (English / Spanish) while patient is in the hospital or over the phone.
● Able to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced work environment Translation of documents/letters from English to Spanish and vice versa.
● Having the ability to prioritize appropriately and the capacity to effectively multitask throughout the 12 hour work shift.
● Ensure excellent communication skills and the capacity to interact professionally with a variety of customers, including but not limited to patients, families, co-workers, volunteers, and physicians throughout the work shift.
● Able to function independently, yet productively as a cooperative team member with various work teams associated with the position.
● Compliant, with a willingness to follow all OSHA and Hospital policies as well as the established practices, protocols and procedures of the position, department and applicable professional standards.
● Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish). Excellent speaking and writing skills
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: