Driven and decisive HR Manager offering 24+ years of experience managing human resources teams to deliver compliance, personnel communication and workforce programs. Flexible and focused with expertise in recruitment and retention, mediation, staff training and development and complex problem resolution.
· Supports management by providing human resource advice, counsel and decisions.
· Creating a positive work atmosphere for all employees to call and ensure that all questions or concerns are responded to in a timely fashion.
· Maintaining Snag-A Job and creating usernames and passwords for all new managers in the stores, which allows them to onboard their new hires.
· Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resource issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organize strategic thinking and direction.
· Establishes Human Resources objectives in line with All-Star Management's objectives.
· Responsible for assisting in all employee issues and maintaining a good employee relations.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Communicating with The Hartford regarding status of claims with workman's compensation. (follow up visits, closing claims, financial management, etc.)
· Offering any new management employees benefits for affective date.
· Calls all new Manager in training to discuss training and offer support in their new position.
· Entering X-Act pay for Workman's Compensation for Accounts Payable.
· Offering the MEC plan to all qualifying employees.
· Balancing UHC (medical, vision and dental) bills for accounts payable
· Balancing supplemental bills for accounts payable
· Reviews turnover and offers ideas to reduce turnover.
· Managing unemployment claims. Ensuring that they are reported timely and efficiently to the State of Illinois.
· Participating in the appeal process and attending all hearings.
· Reduce company cost of claims in regards to keeping the claims down and communicating with management regarding the reason of discharge.
· Attending Job Fairs to recruit different levels of staff for all locations.
· Organizing and implementing Career Days for all locations.
· Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing and updating policies, procedures, methods and guidelines.
· Communicating and enforcing organizational values.
· Back up to payroll coordinator.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Implementing open enrollment for benefits.
· Negotiating rates and plans that aligns with the company's needs.
· Communicating to qualifying staff the changes and new rates for the year.
· Ensuring all performance reviews have been implemented and given to payroll for merit increases.
· Maintains compliance with Affordable Care Act in guidance with the Federal Regulations with tracking and reporting.
· Self-Directed and able to work with independence in a fast paced environment
· Must have the ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks
· Must pay attention to detail
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: