I consider myself lucky to have spent 10 years in a field I love, and credit my strategy, detailed nature as the cornerstone of my success in all of my roles. I am well-versed in all aspects of finance, accounting and operation process refine.
Fostering a collegial environment is key, and I prioritize team building activities and team engagements to celebrate ("Kudos") accomplishments. I emphasize on professional development by designing and facilitating effective training to ensure competency across all functions while working with each staff to set and achieve performance goals (Leveraging Hersey-Blanchard Model). Furthermore, leveraging different strategic model's like; The AI model, Pareto & Double-Loop Learning, to maximize output.
After nearly 10 years in the field, I'm drawn to influence the learning and growth of future accounting, finance and operational professionals. I'm committed to advancing excellence, collaboration and value in accounting ,finance and operations through pursuit of a Doctor of Business Administration degree and Certified Managerial Accountancy .
• Collaborate on training for development of technical and soft skills, not limited to process improvement and process management.
• Implement and monitor KPI's, Balance score card and strategic department objectives.
• Review and interpret terms and conditions of revenue contracts to conﬁrm validity and accuracy of associated billing (SaaS & ASC 606).
• Supervise preparation of invoices , cash postings and billing adjustments, as needed.
• Perform maintenance and reviews to ensure quality of data in ERP and CRM systems.
• Act as a resource and subject matter expert to other business functions, including Credit and Collections, Customer Success, Cash management/Bad debt and Operations, answering questions and providing training and/or guidance on billing issues.
• Serve as escalation point for external client issues and questions.
• Prepare and analyze billing reporting to support monthly reviews, ensuring revenue is accurate and billing discrepancies are identified and addressed, as appropriate (Presentation to VP Controller & Global Director).
• Collaborate with other cross functional groups e.g., Revenue Management, Business Applications, Sales, Project Management, Customer success and customer support.
• Projects to increase ERP output and other RPA outputs.
• Ensuring an environment focused on customer service and financial discipline.
• Directed day-to-day operations by spearheading implementation of short-term and long-term strategies to achieve Team plan and critical success goals.
• Identify opportunities for improvement for billing, collections and cash application for the region.
• Secured revenue posting accuracy, Months end close journal entry approval and deep dive variance analysis on top line.
• Review and monitor AR portfolio - 957 Million in annual contractual trades and 60 million in one-time annual trades.
• Developed and implement dynamic regional strategic training plan.
• Provide visibility on OTC impacts – within billing (invoice accuracy) and collections (DSO reduction Net 30 - 60).
• ASC 606 revenue recognition & SOX compliance audit projects (10k & 10Q Revenue Audits).
• Sustain strategic plan on KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and Days to bill reporting.
• Compiling, analyzing, and reporting all financial information (trend on collections, cash apps, billing status update/Accuracy, Invoice delivery) to Leaders and Business partners- (Vice Presidents of Operation, Business Manager and Director OTC).
• Projects to increase ERP output and other RPA outputs.
• Unapplied cash reconciliation review and cash posting reconciliations.
• Developing, Implementing, and improving control within AR levers.
• Manage and collaborate with 15 direct reports, 3 senior billing accountants, 12 billing accountants and collections Partners.
• Assessed accounting accuracy, performing daily cash functions, including A/P and A/R tracking, budgeting, payroll transactions, wage allocation, salary expenses, online donations and bank, credit card and petty cash reconciliations.
• Researched all financial concerns for stakeholder and upper-level managements.
• Manage 3 operational staffs and 4 account payable staffs.
• Preparing office budgeting and other office expenses.
• Quarterly and yearly payroll tax filling reviews.
• Suggested budget strategy to increase company profits as well as reduce cost.
• Analyzed and researched reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures.
• Worked in close collaboration with clients, providing accounting, payroll and taxation advice.
• Investigated and resolved discrepancies in monthly bank accounts.
• Monitor key projects and create WIP reports to recognize revenue.
• Audited, reviewed and compiled financial statements for government entities.
• Collaborated extensively with auditors during preliminary and year-end audit processes.
• Coordinate with I/T in the implementation and rollout of for accounting software .
Assist Analyzed and reviewed cost reports and communicated results to clients.
• Met with clients to identify and assess business controls, risks, process gaps and workflow inefficiencies.
• Produced thorough reports to outline findings and recommendations.
• Created and verified account reports to determine data accuracy for account reconciliations.
• Assessed program goals and processed, as well as related regulations, in order to complete in-depth audits.
• Reviewed internal controls for compliance with risk assessment processes and federal regulations.
• Provided updates to auditor about project status.
• Developed risk control matrices and test plans with recommendations for internal process changes.
• Used established testing procedures to evaluate company processes and internal control standards.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: