Manufacturing and production professional skilled in leading high-producing teams by using lean manufacturing to reduce costs and increase process efficiency. A qualified production supervisor with 9 years of manufacturing management experience. Including cross-training and scheduling employees, time clock management, record-keeping and meeting all production deadlines and goals. I promote and maintain acceptable safety and quality standards in any process I lead. I am also a skilled planner in cost reduction, business functions, and purchasing requirements for production based assignments. I am highly motivated to learn and grow as a people leader.
· Replaces Shift Leader, Group Leader, Business Manager as required
· Supports Shift Leaders, Bus Managers, PFMEA Tech, group leaders and floor operations as required
· Able to work on and support all shifts as required
· Maintains constant contact with production floor operations and stays aware of their needs and requirements.
· Monitors department Cost accounts and goals and assists groups as required to support constant improvement these areas. This is not limited to but includes NSOT, SCRAP.
· Represent the department on all Cost Councils
· Supports and participates in prototype/pilot product programs/model change and model mix activities.
· Coordinates all departmental intern activities. Provides challenging assignments and activities to help support departmental needs and to provide growth opportunities.
· Ensures all hourly and salary employees within the department receive required and appropriate training.
· Coordinate and facilitate all Safety Star and Quality Star activities for the department. This includes administering the departmental safety concern process.
· Ensures open communication with Shop Committee Representatives. Resolves grievances within the department as required.
· Coordinates all departmental IT activities and needs for all personnel.
· Represents the department in regularly scheduled GMS Principle Meetings.
· Supports departmental PFMEA/Process Tech to communicates changes within the department and coordinates changes within the organization; serves as the communications link to/from production.
· Responsible for meeting production schedules, product quality requirements
· Participates in and supports forecasting and forward planning activities.
· Assists with development of departmental BPD activities. This would include creating/organizing/maintaining Level 2 and 3 BPD boards. Also support the development of Level 4 and 5 BPD on the shop floor.
· Assist in the training and development of salaried and hourly employees. Act as a mentor for other group leaders.
· Support business managers by providing input to payroll and perform other administrative tasks as required.
· Actively engaged and supports implementation of GMS Initiatives within the Department.
My time at Bowling Green Assembly has been spent in multiple areas within general assembly. I have addressed employee and production issues to determine and implement optimal resolutions,. Which prevents wasted resources and maintains schedules on a daily basis. I have implemented GMS, and used S,P,Q,R,C,E to improve multiple areas within the general assembly area. I have been called upon to cover and supervise all areas in GA which has led me to be more flexible and comfortable in the production setting. I have used my skills and past experiences to learn and grow as a supervisor. This has also led me to have a better understanding of internal and external processes of automotive manufacturing. In current roles I have assisted newly hired team members by explaining company procedures and safety requirements and delivered positive feedback upon job task completion. Through my endeavors I have a multitude of torque monitoring experience and have assisted in training Team Leaders and Group Leaders in proper torque practices. I have a "One Team" mindset and feel I can be a valued member to any production based operation.
During my time at Kobe Aluminum I led and enforced a culture of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement while providing operational leadership. I commanded a staff of experienced personnel in producing aluminum forged products in a cutting edge business endeavor that has profited greatly in recent years. Since my arrival Kobe has underwent one full expansion and seen multiple record breaking months by company standards. I have Improved efficiency and productivity by eliminating waste and production constraints. Part of my duties is to collaborate with the engineering team to adjust and modify production equipment and make processing easier for the production employees. I have trained, developed and counseled employees to develop a high performing team which has exceeded expectations for a plant during expansion.
During my time at Akebono, I assessed and trained personnel for promotion to cross-functional operations. I mastered the intricacies of the process flow within my department to meet production goals. I led regular meetings, events and continuous improvement projects with measurable goals to ensure constant improvement within the department. I strive to maintain and enforce a safe and clean working environment at all times. I established and adjusted work procedures to meet production schedules. I have worked with production schedules, production quality and on time delivery to improve production. Through kaizen exercises I identified root cause and corrective actions to remove production constraints and improve quality throughout.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: