Versatile Field Service Engineer with skills, knowledge and experience. Manages safe maintenance and repair of variety of complex tools and equipment involving mechanical, hydraulic, diesel, gas and steam systems. Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
*Job duties consist of disassembly, inspecting, overseeing machining, reassembling and testing MX9 Shaft Stern Tube Seals, Rudder Seals and Bulkhead Seals. Class of ships worked on: DDG, CG, LHA's, LHD's, WLB's, LPD's and LSD's.
* As a Journeyman outside machinist/supervisor I was Involved with onboard troubleshooting and repair of main propulsion systems for various classes of the Navy vessels.I obtained experience and knowledge of various types of pumps, hydraulic, pneumatic, diesel engines, main reduction gears and main steam systems.
* Completed courses specializing in reverse dial pump alignments.
Recieved reccognition (employee of the month) for the change out of stbd reduction onboard the USS HALSEY, Specifically for the alignment of the gas turbine modules to reduction gear.
* I also served as machinist leadman conducting dry dock repairs and overhauls.
* Was employed at Goodrich Aero Structures for 11 years as a Machinist/Precision Hand Finisher. Job duties consist of lathe operator, radial arm drill operator, and other various pneumatic hand tools. Worked specifically on F-14 Tomcats inlet frames and engine mounts. Was Naval certified to machine and drill D6-AC steel and Titanium.
* Completed training courses in bluprint reading.
In High School I had always excelled in automotive mechanics and trouble shooting. I rebuilt my first engine at 16 years of age. I learned how to take bearing clearances, take thrust readings and how to read precision instruments while in high school. I Competed in the Chrysler/Plymouth Nation Wide Trouble Shooting Contest. I received recognition for the highest score on written test in California, Arizona and Nevada.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: