• Knowledge of different domains with over 5+ years of experience in Data Warehousing and Integration Projects Information
• Experience in Quality and Software Testing of various business applications in Client/Server environments and Data Warehousing solutions.
• Strong Knowledge of SDLC and Software Test Life Cycle and highly proficient in Waterfall and Agile methodology.
• Involved in preparing the Test Plans, Test Strategy document, Test Cases & Test Scripts based on business requirements, Rules, Data Mapping Requirements and System Specifications.
• Have solid experience on database query tools such as SSMS, SQL Developer, and Toad
• Experience in Black Box testing, Smoke Testing, Front end Testing System Testing, Functionality Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and GUI Testing.
• Strong experience in preparing documentation, Preparing test environments, Executing and analyzing the results.
• Have tested Dashboard including Drill through and drilldown reports, Sub reports, Matrix reports and Chart reports generated by MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Involved in testing the batch jobs, Using SQL Server Agent and Autosys.
• Experience on UNIX commands.
• Involved in testing the batch jobs, using UNIX Autosys and SQL server agent
• Have tested various type of sources like Excel, Flat file, CSV, XML, OLTP DB etc.
• Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect Reports, and Weekly status Reports.
• Proficiency in Defect management, including defect creation, modification, tracking and reporting using industry standard Tools like HP ALM, Version One, TFS – Team Foundation Server.
• Expert in writing SQL queries like Views, User define functions, Joins, Temp tables, Common table expressions (CTEs) for back-end testing.
• Good knowledge of Data Marts, operational data store (ODS), OLAP, Star schema modelling, Snow flake modeling for fact and Dimension tables.
• Strong understanding of UAT testing methodologies and practice.
• Managed and performed UAT Testing.
Databases : SQL Server, DB2, Oracle
DBMS/ Query Tools : SSMS, SQL Developer, Toad
ETL Tools : SSIS, Informatica, Query Surge, SQL Server import and export wizard, SQL Loader
QA Tools : HP – Quality Center, Version One, Jira, SOAP UI, Microsoft TFS, Ultra Edit, Notepad++, SharePoint
BI Tools : BIDS, Cognos, OBIEE
Languages : T-SQL, PL/SQL, SQL PL
Job Scheduler : SQL Server Agent, Autosys
Operating Systems : MS-DOS, UNIX, Windows, Red Hat Linux
• Created test case scenarios, executed test cases and maintained defects ininternal bug tracking systems.
• Developed and executed various manual testing scenarios and exceptionally documented the process to perform functional testing of the application
• Study and analysis of the mapping document indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformation required, business rules to be applied, target tables, Columns and data types
• Performed extensive Data Validation, Data verification against Data Warehouse
• Debugging the SQL Statements and CTEs for various business scenarios
• Loading Excel file, OLTP data into SQL server tables using SQL Server Import and Export Wizard
• Responsible for the understanding the business requirements, ETL and subsequently design ETL testing strategy using SQL scripts
• Tested several SSRS reports for several business needs including Dashboards, Drill-Down and Drill through reports, Table matrix, Cascading parameter and web reports
• Tested and validated the SSRS reports by running similar SQL queries against the source system(s)
• Tested several SSIS Mappings to validate the business conditions
• Testing the source and target databases for conformance to specifications
• Developed SQL queries for Back- End Testing/Database testing and participated in End to End testing
• Identified duplicate records in the staging area before gets processed
• Created test data and tested the parallel jobs for slowly changing dimensions (SCD Type1, Type 2 and Type 3) and fact tables loading.
• Used the SSIS and run the package Validate and debugged its components, and monitoring the resulting executable versions.
• Designed and executed the test cases on the application as per company standards and tracked the defects using HP ALM.
• Developed Test cases for ETL process (Inbound & Outbound) and Involved with Design and Development team to implement the requirements.
• Ensured that the mappings are correct and effectively communicate testing and findings in oral and written formats.
• Developed and Performed execution of Test Scripts manually to verify the expected results.
• Prepared sample test data by inserting data into staging tables.
• Tested the source data for data completeness and correctness.
• Tested the ETL process that loaded the data into target database after performing all the transformations according to the business requirements.
• Documented and reported various bugs during Manual Testing, Created Requirement Traceability Matrix for various projects
• Written SQL Queries to define, identify and validate the code written for the data movement into the database tables.
• Tested the format of the reports according to the specifications provided and also compared the data in the reports with the backend DataMart through SQL and also using excel for data comparison.
• Perform Web, UI and Functionality Testing and API testing using SOAP UI.
• Loaded Flat file data into Oracle tables using Informatica.
• Extensive experience in functional, batch and regression testing
• Involved in exporting the test cases form Microsoft Excel to Test HP ALM
• Experience in coordinating with Business Users and assisting them to conduct UAT Testing.
• Documented all test executions and prepared test results for audit purposes
• Worked on Requirement Analysis, Data Analysis, testing of various source systems sitting and coming from multi systems. Responsible for BI Data Quality.
• Performed Business Process mapping for new requirements.
• Tested reports in Access, Excel using advanced functions not limited to vlookup, pivot tables, formulas
• Coordinate and tested the deployment procedure for Micro Strategy changes to the Production
• Creating complex data analysis queries to troubleshoot issues reported by users
• Validated SCD Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3 Tables.
• Involved in creating and maintaining Defect Reports using ALM
• Participated in sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issue
• Tested Micro strategy reports for Report layout, Attributes/Metrics, positions, Totals & Grand Totals, Drilling options, Metric Calculations, Drill Maps, and Security filters
• Tested the Oracle SQL testing programs and tested the Oracle Applications and Portals like Executive Dashboard, lookup built on Oracle.
• Used Toad to run SQL queries to check data is populating as expected from tables.
• Created test cases, executed test scripts and track and report system defects using Quality Center.
• Worked with data validation, constraints, source to target row counts.
• Tested various Jobs, scheduling & running jobs and troubleshooting the failed jobs.
• Tested several complex reports including Dashboard, Summary Reports, Master Detailed, Drill Down and Score Cards.
• Created various transformations like filter, router, lookups, stored procedure, joiner, update strategy, expressions and aggregator to pipeline data to Data Warehouse/Data Marts and monitored the Daily and Weekly Loads.
• Report defects in JIRA, worked closely with analysts, developers to resolve the problems, and change the status of the defect accordingly
• Involved in testing Micro strategy reports including conditional formatting testing and threshold testing.
• Testing in Star Schema, Fact tables, Dimension tables.
• Used Informatica Power Center Workflow Manager to run the workflows.
• Used Informatica Power Center Workflow Monitor to review the session log files.
• Customized complex reports in Excel using intricate formulas
• Responsible for providing first level support to production operation.
• Assisted the Production Department with comparing data from Vital system verses warehouse management system (WMS) to ensure proper transactions were made to SQL database
• Created hourly/daily report to measure KPI's of operators
• Worked with Department Managers to develop daily, weekly and monthly reports to track final production.
• Utilized the import and export function in SQL Developer to transfer data in Excel Format.
• Merged files from different SQL database tables using Joins and exported in excel format for stakeholder.
• Created Complex Excel reporting system to be easily interpreted using formulas including VLOOKUP, Pivot table and Graphs
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: