Electronics Technician with over 16 years of experience in the troubleshooting, testing, and repairing of electronic equipment. Experienced in the maintenance and repair of shipboard radar systems. 2M micro-miniature repair technician with the ability to isolate and repair faulty circuit card assemblies to component level. Proficient in fabricating cables and wiring harnesses including copper and fiber.
Computer repair, component level repair, soldering, fiber optics, Huntron test developer, and testing/troubleshooting electronics.
· Responsible for providing technical and operational subject matter expertise for all variants of VMS computers.
· Responsible for the assembly, repair, and testing of BPS-15/16 VMS computers.
· Developed step-by-step standard operating procedures for the fabrication, repair, and testing of various BPS-15/16 sub-assemblies.
· Developed test programs for circuit cards on the Huntron automated dual head prober.
· Troubleshot circuit card assemblies to component level using Huntron's signature analysis and schematics.
· Performed Miniature and Microminiature electronic repairs for the 2M lab.
· Fabricated test fixtures for testing electronic modules and subassemblies.
· Fabricated harness boards to improve productivity and quality of harnesses.
· Fabricated and tested fiber optic cables including mil-spec and COTS connectors to NAVSEA standards.
· Fabricated copper cables including mil-spec multi-pin connectors, RF cables, display LVDS cables, ethernet cables, and D-sub connectors, to NAVSEA standards.
· Performed EEPROM programming for BPS-15J and BPS-15H antenna control cards.
· Researched and provided reverse engineering solutions for fiber optic and copper cables for the government customers.
· Performed product evaluations for the repair of electronic equipment for the government customers.
· Assisted the Decision Technologies repair facility in obtaining ISO 9001:2015 certification.
· Researched and ordered parts in support of installations, testing, and repairs.
· Programmed and operated the Mydata MY500 Solder Paste Jet Printer, the MY100 pick and place machine, and the SMT reflow oven to produce circuit boards.
· Operated and maintained THT solder wave and THT selective soldering machines for the soldering of circuit boards and backplanes.
· QA inspected reworked circuit boards utilizing microscopes.
· Assembled GPS devices, touch display monitors, and a variety of equipment racks according to product specifications.
· Tested GPS devices, Ethernet switches, touch display monitors, and LED display panels.
· Managed the Micro-Miniature 2M repair shop in completing 366 test equipment repairs with a total cost savings of $613,725.
· Tested and repaired circuit card assemblies and electronic modules to component level using the Huntron tracker.
· Implemented Sked maintenance management software into the maintenance program of the 2M shop.
· Scheduled and performed preventive and corrective maintenance on Pace PRC 2000 solder stations, AN/USM-674 test systems, and electro-static discharge protective devices.
· Conducted tools and parts inventory to ensure successful completion of 2M NAVSEA recertification.
· Managed the 2M shop's Hazardous Material Program.
· Inducted and maintained records for equipment cost savings and production output.
· Calibrated and repaired test equipment following metrology procedures.
· Forklift Driver certification, Virginia Beach, VA
· ISO Internal auditor certification, Virginia Beach, VA
· ISO Manager and process owner certification, Virginia Beach, VA
· American Red Cross first aid/CPR/AED certification, Norfolk, VA
· Authorized Courier of DoD classified material, Virginia Beach, VA
· Huntron Access DH Prober Programmer/Operator, Virginia Beach, VA
· NAVSEA copper connector certification, Virginia Beach, VA
· KITCO Shipboard Fiber-Optic certification, Virginia Beach, VA
· MYDATA My100 Pick and Place Programmer/Operators certification, Rowley, MA
· AN/SPN-35C Radar Set Maintenance Repair Technician certification, St. Inigoes, MD
· Huntron Module Test and Repair Equipment Operator certification, Norfolk, VA
· 2M Micro-Miniature Electronics Repair Technician certification, Norfolk, VA
· Advanced Electronics, Electronics Technician ‘A' School certification, Great Lakes, IL
· Electronics Technician Apprentice Training certification, Great Lakes, IL
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: