Electrical Engineer proficient in Electrical Design Engineer, Electrical Hardware Project Engineer Design of Power Electronics Converters (SMPS) and their control techniques Design of Power Electronics Devices, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, and Photovoltaic Cells.
High efficiency power electronic converters design and relative control systems. Main activities and responsibilities: DC-DC converters design for regenerative braking using supercapacitors; Traction inverter analysis and
design for Asynchronous and PMSM motors; Thermal and Stress analysis of switching devices (IGBT,MOSFET, diodes); SPICE simulation models of Power Switching Devices; Multilevel converters, Interleaved converters; Modulation Tecniques for Power Electronic Converters: PWM – SVM.
Fabrication of a polycristalline silicon thin film solar cell by laser and e-beam crystallization; a-Si deposition by e-beam evaporation; Laser Crystallization, Raman Spectroscopy.
-DC-DC Power Electronics Converters Design: converter topologies, Power electronics devices, power losses calculation in switching applications, thermal analysis in MATLAB and stress analysis; LC filter
design for ripple and load transient constraints; magnetic circuits analysis and design; Control techniques: “PWM switch model”, Voltage mode, Peak current mode control, Hysteretic control, emulated ESR Hysteretic control, CoT - Constant on Time); design of the compensation network for OTA or OFA amplifiers; Drive and control IC selection; PCB Layout; LED driver; Sizing of coolingsystems.
- Physics of semiconductor devices, Micro and Nanoelectronics technologies (CVD, PECVD, sputtering,
thermal oxidation), photovoltaics.
- AC-DC Rectifiers, DC-AC Inverters, Snubber circuits, Resonant Converters.
- PIC microcontrollers programming
- Amplifier stages design, active and passive filters, frequency response, oscillator circuits, waveform generators
- Analog and digital automatic control techniques (project and analysis in SIMULINK)
- Sensors and automatic measurement systems, data acquisition systems, electric power systems automation
- Serial Communication Protocols: USB, CAN Bus, RS232, RS485, I2C, SPI
- Parallel Communication Protocol and standard interface: IEEE 488 (GPIB)
- Electromagnetic fields and compatibility, Electromagnetic shielding
Thesis developed at the Research Center ENEA at Portici (Naples).
Thesis dissertation: "Deposition and characterization of microcrystalline silicon-germanium films for P-IN thin film solar cells”
Electrotechnics, informatics, physics of semiconductor devices, analog and digital electronics, electronics measurements and instrumentation, signal theory and signal processing, antennas and electromagnetic fields.Thesis dissertation: "Realization and Optimization of a system for the temperature characterization of electronic devices"
Projects developed at university:
- LED Driver design for a cool white 800 lumens lighting system with 90% efficiency and the possibility of dimming
- Programming of a microcontroller (PIC18F4580) for acquisition of an analog signal and its transmission on CAN BUS (Controller Area Network)
- Hardware design and software implementation of a colour sensor with the assistance of Labview
- Design of the access system control of the port of Salerno programming a PLC Siemens SIMATIC S7-300
- Project of a PMDC (Permanent Magnet DC) Motor Drive
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: