Compassionate clinical social worker with over 23 years of case management, intervention and expertise in early childhood mental health, specifically supporting young children under the age of 5 in foster care settings. Proven ability to quickly build trust and rapport with clients from diverse cultures and in stressful situations through exceptional communication skills. Highly adept at providing clinical supervision for social workers, including case planning, diagnosis and intervention.
• Clinical and administrative supervision of all program staff and the provision of services to volunteer advocates in the Santa Maria, Lompoc and Santa Barbara regions.
• Oversight of program expansion in North County (2005-2008) from 12 volunteer advocates serving 15 children to 73 advocates serving 88 children.
• Developed and implemented specialized advocacy training and case management program for advocates serving young children, ages birth to 5 years old.
• Assisted in volunteer advocate training, utilizing National CASA curriculum with adaptations to local program and community.
• Implemented new database system and coordinated on-going statistical reporting to State and National CASA programs.
• Development of office case management policies and procedures.
• Liaison with partner agencies in the juvenile dependency system, including Child Welfares Services, County Counsel, other attorneys, and Juvenile Court Judges.
Children's Mental Health (07/2001-09/2005)
• Provided assessment and mental health treatment to children experiencing emotional and behavioral difficulties and their families, including play therapy and family therapy.
• Developed and implemented a mental health early intervention program for children ages 18 months to 5 years old and their families in conjunction with Community Action Commission - Head Start.
Franklin Adult Mental Health Clinic (03/1999–7/2001)
• Provided approximately 50 adults with serious and persistent mental health conditions a variety of mental health services, including but not limited to, case management, advocacy, individual and group psychotherapy, assessment, crisis intervention and resource brokerage.
• Participated in inpatient service provision and discharge planning with Psychiatric Health Facility and other private psychiatric hospitals.
Quality Care Management (10/1997-03/1999)
• Oversight of Department's outpatient and inpatient quality assurance programs, including documentation reviews, trainings on State and Federal requirements, and preparation and lead in State Department of Mental Health audits.
• Completed Mental Health Medi-Cal certification of 22 private, non-profit community agencies.
• Coordination and oversight of crisis services provided through the Mental Health Assessment Team (MHAT).
• Lead role in 5150 audit and designation of Cottage and St. Francis Hospitals.
• Assigned to the Ventura County Early Start Program, specializing in supporting and coordinating services to children between the ages of 0-3 years and at risk for and/or with delays in their development, and their families.
• Responsibilities included: conducting initial intake interviews and assessments; presenting case summaries and recommendations at treatment team meetings; designing and monitoring individual family service plans in collaboration with families; linking families with community agencies; and coordinating and monitoring services between multiple agencies.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: