Compassionate Financial Aid Officer with 18 years of helping students reach full potential through education. Eager to connect prospective applicants with underutilized governmental and private aid programs. Dedicated to enhancing institutions' incoming student body diversity by maximizing financial contributions for deserving students.
· Supervise personnel in accordance with college policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interview, hire, and train employees, plan, assign and direct work.
· Provide leadership for an effective financial aid program to include developing policies and procedures, interpreting federal and state regulations and criteria, supervising the processing cycle.
· Coordinate and manage all financial aid programs, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Monitor and approve, and/or revise all financial aid packaging for all qualified applicants in accordance with federal, state, institutional, and other policies, and procedures.
· Oversee the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Return to Title IV Funds processes. Oversee coordination of student loan processing between students, federal government, and the institution.
· Completes yearly FISAP. Ensure all processes are completed and that accurate information is being reported.
· Develop, modify, implement and maintain the application intake and tracking process for proper documentation of all awards for audit trail.
· Maintain fund control records in accordance with funding level limitations.
· Complete federal, state, and institutional reports including applications for federal funding and reports the expenditures of funds allocated, such as the FISAP.
· Coordinate internal reconciliation efforts and report to reviewing entities, such as auditors, program reviewers, and accreditation teams.
· Develop and conduct financial aid presentations and participate in outreach activities, such as New Student Orientation, college monthly admissions information sessions, group advising, etc.
· Primary VA Certifying Official. Responsible for all VA Once reporting and tracking process for proper documentation of all awards for audit trail.
· Develop, design, revise, and update all publications (website, college catalog) relating to financial aid, such as financial aid applications, forms used for tracking applications, correspondence forms. Provide training to College staff regarding financial aid processes.
· Oversee Federal Work Study program including but not limited to applications, hiring, tracking funding allocations, payroll. Coordinate community service and America reads programs.
· Manages, monitors and aids in the disbursement and reconciliation of funding availability for federal, state, and institutional financial aid funds.
· Develops and implements reconciliation procedures for the Financial Aid Office.
Ran weekly reports through CampusVue to determine any student that had any ineligible Title IV Aid
Reviewed students' ledger card through CampusVue to determine the best way to help the student from accumulating a negative balance with the school while following Federal regulations and KHEC Policy.
Conducted weekly reports for over seventy schools to notify them they have students whose account needed to be adjusted per Federal regulations and KHEC policy.
Maintained a weekly audit that provided schools with every student that had ineligible funds, overpayments of federal funds and credit balances.
Determined eligibility and tracked the Federal Work-Study awards. Served as the Federal Pell Grant Processor.
Determined eligibility and verification of student aid report according to their assessment needs.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: