Accomplished leader with over 30 years of both enlisted and commissioned military service, committed to providing the purpose, direction and motivation to diverse teams in achieving desired operational goals and missions. Resourceful and creative, focuses employees talents to capitalize on their strengths while directing areas for improvement. Quick to recognize opportunity, consistently builds and sustains relationships both horizontally and vertically to retain organizational influence.
- Leadership at multiple levels
- Developing organizational efficiencies
- Recruiting and Human Resource Management
- Project management
- Team building
- Interpersonal skills
- Work ethic
- Mission focused, people centered
- Facilitated the creation of a staff and faculty development program, providing adult career education opportunities in the workplace.
- Mentored and provided developmental counseling to subordinates, preparing them to achieve their career aspirations.
- Set the conditions for future success by cross training personnel, increasing efficiency without increasing personnel overhead.
- Achieved 100% rating in all areas during the Regimental FY13 Training and Doctrine Command accreditation, resulting in an Institute of Excellence Rating for the organization.
- Provided the vision and guidance to accomplish all recruiting and retention goals for the Vermont Army National Guard over a four year span.
- Successfully managed a $2m budget, properly obligating funds pursuant to fiscal law and budgetary guidance.
Deputy Commander of a Regional Training Institute, responsible for all daily operations of the organization, inclusive of four subordinate training battalions and Headquarters staff, incorporating 160 personnel. Manage the $2m Regiment pay, allowances, operations and maintenance budget, exceeding the standard for fiscal year obligations. Developed and supervised execution of developing efficiencies throughout the organization, cross-training personnel and increasing capabilities without increasing budget. Meet mission requirements for the Army Program for Individual Training, 1,500 plus students over the fiscal year. Improved organizational communication through timely, efficient and focused meetings, providing concise and effective guidance to accomplish all assigned tasks.
40 hour Activity Manager/Budget Analyst Course, providing the skills to manage fiscal matters and supervise both Pay and Allowance and Operations and Maintenance budgets; comply with fiscal and contracting law; appropriately and legally obligate funds; forecast expenditures and identify unfunded requirements in conjunction with the US Purchasing and Fiscal Office.
Successful completion of the Human Resources Management Qualification Course (160 hours, resident) provides the duty skill area of concentration for officers to serve as a human resource professional at all operational levels.
Three phase course, core curriculum stresses large unit warfighting in the context of operational art. Includes leadership concepts and communicative skills at the battalion through division levels; evolution of modern warfare; fundamental combat operations; sustainment operations from tactical, operational and strategic levels incorporating Army and joint environments, counterinsurgency, theater of war and theater of operations level analysis.
3.98 GPA, graduated Summa Cum Laude. Completed a diverse history curriculum through on campus attendance, distributed learning and independent study while performing duties as a full-time employee of the Vermont Army National Guard.
OCT 2012 - Present - Deputy Commander, 124th Regiment, Regional Training Institute, Colchester, VT 05446
SEP2008 - OCT2012 - VTARNG Recruiting and Retention Battalion Commander, Colchester, VT 05446
JUN2006 - SEP2008 - Operations Officer, 86th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, Rutland, VT 05701
JUN2005 - JUN2006 - Assistant Operations Officer/Battle Captain, 1-172AR (Task Force Saber), Ramadi, Al-Anbar, Iraq
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: