Experienced corporate counsel, with eight years of legal responsibility for for the legal and compliance efforts of a multi-million-dollar companies , providing legal expertise on subject matters including SASS tech software, commercial real estate transactions, merger and acquisitions, marketing statements and campaigns, privacy and IT security risk and implementation, employee labor issues, .and general corporate needs.. Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving and implementing training regarding regulatory compliance, diversity inclusion, and risk assessment and mitigation, thereby reducing organizations financial and reputational risk.
• Independently responsible for legal needs of a $50mumillion dollar company, serving nine locations in Charlotte.
• Lead organizations diversity, equity, regulatory compliance training including implementation of strategy, best practices, programs, initiatives and training.
• Developed compliance program, to ensure risk mitigation, audits, and risk assessment awareness.
• Saved company 15% in legal fees due to successful management of legal needs. Independently responsible for legal needs of $50 mutlimillion dollar company, serving nine locations in Charlotte.
Reviewed and approved marketing statements, publications for legal compliance.
• Successfully responded to regulators resulting zero fines or additional inquiries. Successfully managed complaints ( by personally speaking to each person or representatives)and investigations ensuring in customer retention, mitigation of public exposure, and ensuring company was not exposed to financial or public reputational risk.
• Reduced EEOC claims 10% by developing diversity and inclusion training. Provide representation before state and federal administrative agencies, including EEOC, NLB, DOL, DOJ, OSHA, OCR, and related, state and local human rights agencies, Attorney General, Department of Labor, EEOC, other labor and employment related agencies, as well as in mediations and arbitrations under Company's grievance procedures.
• Developed and implemented monitoring system to ensure active monitoring proposed legislation and court decisions, and regulatory changes, ensuring that each department was aware and implemented required changes, as well explaining impact on operations
• Developed and implemented risk assessment framework, training, and risk auditing program to ensure timely risk reporting across internal departments, and implementation of workflow controls to mitigate risk. Draft, review, and negotiate contracts across all areas of company, including but not limited to, non-disclosure, consulting, service, employment, lease, vendor, purchases, sales, and commercial contracts. Applied for licensing, file relevant documents.
• Responded to subpoenas, legal inquires, drafted legal opinions, employee handbooks, policies and procedures. Negotiated with opposing groups or individuals to reach resolutions, avoid litigation.
• Managed outside counsel, budget, saved company 10% on legal fees.
Wells Holding Group- owner of Escape Graphics (SASS tech company), Provisions Educational Company,- Morris Eyecare, Adaptt Chiropractic Birmingham, Alabama
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: