Competent Pharmacy Intern experienced in working with individuals and healthcare staff to help treat symptoms and resolve medical concerns. Well-versed in proper dosage, timing and storage requirements to maintain medication efficacy. Communicate effectively with diverse backgrounds.
• Pharmaceutical sales and services, Confidentiality (HIPPA), Advanced skills on Medicare and Medicaid process
• Know and apply regulations (FDA, EPA, USDA, NRC, DEA, and CBP) for importing into and exporting out of US and keep up-to-date with changes
• Apply for import documentation or provide application details, checking that documentation is correct and working with stakeholders and customers to complete import
• Keep records and report to DEA per DEA requirements for drug precursors, imports through ARCOS, DEA exempt product imports, and 222 forms
• Responsible for APHIS permits and DEA controlled substance registration applications and keeping them current
• Update IFS based on part classification
• Advise in the processing of controlled substance orders.
• Classify organic molecule structures to generate the tariff codes for imports and exports.
• Classify products per US regulations for proper import and export procedure and documentation
• Maintain Compliance spreadsheets for classifications
• Investigate and help clear delayed packages, including determining why there was a delay and providing necessary additional information to clear problem
• Create process improvement where improvements are identified
• Maintain SOP's for US Compliance activities
•Exemplify the LGC core values on a day to day basis
Perform other duties as assignedsee less
• Recommended OTC devices or medication options to help mitigate individual symptoms
• Educated patients on possible drug adverse interactions, potential side effects and optimal methods of administration
• Evaluated patient histories to assess medication compliance and spot issues such as doctor shopping or excessive usage
• Educated type 2 diabetes patients on medication therapy, proper nutrition and fitness
• Compared prescription details against safety standards and insurance requirements to support patients (FDA, DEA)
• Contacted insurance companies to resolve claims issues
• Used pharmacy software to enter prescription and insurance
• Passion in pharmacology collaborated with patients and healthcare team members to help alleviate symptoms and address root causes of medical issues. Experienced in calculating doses, preparing compounds and securing storage to protect inventories.
Under the supervision of Dr. Eric Lessard and Manager Mr. Michael Wierwille the Data Entry Technician is required to work in all areas of prescription processing and fulfillment including entering prescriptions into the pharmacy system, maintaining accurate patient records, verification of insurance benefits, filling and shipping of prescription and supply orders. Responsibilities include to enter new prescriptions received via: Fax, Phone, Email, eScribe etc. Work with Prescription Services team to enter appropriate drug, directions, time, prescriber, and start date information into the pharmacy filling system. Work with Clinical Services team to enter new prescriptions, set start dates, enter times of day, and ensure everything is included in the customer's profile as well as update customers profiles with accurate demographic, disease state, and allergy information.
Active in seeking opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge to customers. Providing tools and training resources to develop the basic drug understanding. Proficient to advanced PC skills required including MS Window-based applications, ability to provide excellent communication skills and clearly articulate program details to customers over the phone
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: