I am a recent high school graduate who is currently pursing a bachelors degree in Biological Sciences at the University of California, Irvine. Although I have no paid experience in the work field, I have a vast amount of volunteering experiences in soup kitchens, community festivals, andother socially friendly events. For this reason, I have shaped into a hard working, dedicated and efficient team player and leader who wishes to demonstrate my abilities in the work field. I am attentive to detail, a rapid leaner, adaptive to various new environments, friendly, intelligent, and willing to put in all my efforts in order to ensure a positive working environment.
Experienced and Reliable In:
1. Demonstrated strong communication skills through community service, leading events and tutoring at local elementary schools.
2. Maintained consistent cleanliness of volunteering booth and other operating environments.
3. Answered telephone calls and responded to inquiries.Baked, roasted, broiled, and steamed meats, fish, vegetables and other foods.
4. Cleaned and organized eating, service and kitchen areas.
5. Cleaned and sterilized equipment and facilities.Ensured freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items and rotating stock.
6. Filled beverage and ice dispensers.Greeted each customer with friendly eye contact.
7. Helped with preparation, set-up, and service for catering events.
8. Inspected restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and cleaned restrooms when necessary.
9. Inspected and cleaned food preparation areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
10. Prepared food items.Stocked service stations with items such as ice, napkins and straws.
10. Swept and scrubbed floors.
11. Took food orders and relayed orders to kitchens or serving counters.
12. Communicate with the general public in a advertising manner.
13. Calmed a group of upset people.
14. Provided excellent customer service to all customers
Youth education programs leader
Fluent in English
Can communicate effiecintly in Spanish and Korean
Highly responsible and reliable
Works well under pressure
Exceptional interpersonal skills
Extensive hospitality background
Upbeat, outgoing and positive
Comfortable with diverse populations
Excellent relationship building skills
Exceptional customer service
Excellent communication skills
Strong work ethic
Communication Partner , 09/2016 － 07/2016Communication Club － Irvine , CAI am currently volunteering for a club that pairs American students with foreigners from around the world in an attempt to spread cultural relativity. In addition to this, I have to teach my partners English and help them expand their knowledge about the culture in the United States. From this experience I am learning to speak other languages, and become comfortable with communicating with people outside of my own culture. It has allowed me to be more open to diversity, and be more understanding to the different types of people I encounter on a daily basis.
Food Server , 12/2014 － 12/2015Soup Kitchens － Riverside, CAStarting two years ago I began to volunteer in local soup kitchens and worked mostly during the winter holidays. I continued to do this volunteering work for a year, and attended a different soup kitchen once every week. I completed about 4 hours a week in doing so, and learned how to remember the food orders of the public. I also learned how to portion and serve the food to the people who came to these events as well as make sure they enjoyed the food. Additionally, with the abundance of people that came for the free food, I was able to adapt quickly to a fast paced environment and hectic situations. Throughout my volunteer work here I also learned how to remain calm in busy situations and how to always maintain a positive attitude.
Congregation Leader , 01/2013 － 01/2015Youth Group Leader － Riverside, CAFor two years I was the leader of the youth group in my church. This position made me responsible for scheduling different people to come in to talk to the youth, organize events for the youth, and maintain a friendly and welcoming environment for new youth. In the two years that I was in charge, I was responsible for about 80 young followers of Christ ranging from ages 12-25. Although at times it was intimating to have to work with people older than myself, I learned how to assertive when it came down to it, and be a good example for the younger members of the group to follow. Most of all, I learned how to be responsible and take a professional approach when leading a group of people.
Section Leader , 01/2012 － 01/2015Asian Pacific Lunar Festival － Riverside, CAEvery year for three years I volunteered in a Lunar Festival put on by my community. Each time I volunteered at the event i completed about 8 hours of service. The main position I held was section leader, which meant I was in charge of a section of about 10 operation game booths. I ensured that the public was enjoying the services, and that the stationed remained clean. Through this experience I learned how to lead large groups, have effective communication skills, and be open to the opinions and concerns of the public.
2015Rubidoux High School － Riverside, CA, USAHigh School Diploma
Member of Early College Program, Rotarian Club, and Honor Society
Rotarian Scholarship and Falcon Pride Scholarship Academic Achievement Award
2015Riverside City College － Riverside, CA, USAAssociate of ArtsGeneral Education
I completed 60 units of general education at this community college while still in high school.
2019University of California, Irvine － Irvine, CA, USABachelor of ScienceBiological Science
I am currently a second year student at the University of California, Irvine and am pursuing a degree in biology. I am involved in lab work at the university, and work with international students on my free time.