Highly experienced network/systems engineer with 6+ years specializing in the design, implementation, and support of medium to large scale networks. Proven ability to provide technical business solutions and manage mission critical projects in all phases of completion. Passionate about network and cyber security.
Routers: Cisco 2600, 2800, 4451 ISR
Switches: Cisco 2900XL, 2950, 2960, 3550, 3750, 3850, Pica P3297, Mellanox SX1400
Firewalls: ASA 5515
Wireless: Cisco 1241, 1532
Servers: Dell R510, R520, R720, Colfax Supermicro 6018R-MT
OS: Cisco IOS, PicaOS, MLNX-OS, DOS, Windows and Linux (RHEL & Debian based), Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 | Virtual: vSphere, ESXi, VCSA, vSwitches, VMware Workstation/Client, Citrix clients | Monitoring: Solarwinds, Nagios, MRTG| Web: Apache, NGINX/Reverseproxy | PBX: Televantage, CUCM, Asterisk, 3CX | VTC: Pexip
TCP/IP, OSI Model, DNS, DHCP, 802.1q, ARP, VTP, VLANs, ACLs, VPN/IPSEC, IPTables, Etherchannel, VoIP, PKI, SSL/TLS, Ethernet, Fiber, Coax, Broadband
Basic knowledge: C++, Java, HTML, Bash/shell scripts
Providing network/systems engineering support for multiple datacenters to ensure high availability and reliability, while enhancing overall network design, security, and resiliency of all mission critical systems and system processes.
· Assisting the design, implementation, and monitoring of new networking hardware for Research, Development, Test and Evaluation Network - (ResNet)
· Re-designed and implementing a new multi-tier, cross platform PKI to enhance security for all VPN and SSL web services
· Designed and implemented a secure and scalable, 2 factor IPSec VPN solution using Strongswan and Yubikeys to replace an end-of-life and insecure infrastructure to support remote users
· Re-designed and upgraded network infrastructure to newer switches/routers running over a 10GB fiber backbone as a mitigation effort to reduce network downtime, bottlenecks and latency issues
· Managed multiple PBX/VTC migration projects aimed at replacing an outdated Asterisk system to a new 3CX/PEXIP solution to support multi-point VTC and improve QoS between sites
Provided 24/7 technical support for 200+ users at multiple site locations to ensure network connectivity and minimal downtime. Implemented and supported all IT solutions, including the configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Cisco networking devices (routers, switches, & wireless APs) and production computer systems at each location.
· Managed multiple projects that dramatically improved reliability and efficiency of network infrastructure, including upgrading to an 80% fiber backbone, upgrading outdated distribution switches to a current, unified Cisco platform, and coordinating the installation of additional T1 circuits to triple the current bandwidth
· Led a risk mitigation project that replaced an obsolete, failing Televantage PBX system with a Cisco VoIP solution that reduced the company's overall costs roughly $1500/month.
· Reduced network congestion and improved bandwidth/traffic flow by upgrading flat network design to a 90% VLAN architecture allowing production systems to achieve optimal performance
· Received regional recognition by upper management for being 1st of 30+ Pilgrims locations to complete a corporate wide Windows 7 migration initiative, that involved upgrading/replacing 200 computer systems
Provided digital cable TV service for customers by installing, repairing, and adjusting residential equipment and cable wiring. Maintained proper signal/ingress levels in accordance with FCC guidelines/regulations
· Increased first call resolutions and received multiple letters of appreciation for work quality, customer education, and promoting a positive and professional image
· Reduced further escalation tickets by resolving complex technical issues, such as cable card pairing and hardware defects, by analyzing integrated diagnostics on multi-vendor equipment
· Fixed cable card/TiVO issues at Colin Powell's residence
· Active TS/SCI Clearance
· CCNP Switch (300-115 completed) (expired 2019)
· CCNA Security (expired 2019)
· CCNA (expired 2019)
· CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ (expired 2018)
· MCP: Windows 2000 Professional
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: