Motivated Civil Engineer committed to safety and the creation of solid infrastructure that will be of lasting value, with experience in public projects for the Department of Agriculture and Department of the Army.
• Participated in planning, designing, and reviewing plans for concrete and steel structures requiring structural analysis to determine static and dynamic responses for various civil and military projects.
• Performed structural designs to meet both strength and deflection limit states of current building codes, ASCE 7, AISC LRFD (Steel), and ACI 318 (Concrete).
• Performed structural analysis for existing structures to determine weak locations and participated in the design of structural rehabilitation and alteration of those structures.
• Performed annual and periodic levee inspections and screenings.
• Attended weekly meetings with other team members to coordinate the shop-drawing review process and resolve the fabrication issues for military projects at Fort Sill, OK.
• Provided engineering support to the 26 counties in Middle Tennessee.
• Assisted with the coordination of construction projects with other NRCS service centers.
• Designed beef stacks, poultry litter storage buildings, composters, and other miscellaneous agricultural facilities.
• Designed stream crossings, ponds, rock riprap chutes, and other miscellaneous streambank stabilization projects.
• Developed and reviewed engineering drawings.
• Prepared and inspected construction sites under NRCS conservation programs.
• Conducted engineering surveys for various projects.
• Participated in the design of rock riprap and concrete chutes for the Cane Creek Restoration Project in West Tennessee.
• Assisted the agency leadership to identify barriers or potential barriers to hiring, development, advancement and retention of Hispanics in Tennessee.
• Provided solutions and program support to help eliminate such barriers.
• Developed a business plan and annual budget for the Hispanic Emphasis Program.
• Served as voting member of the Civil Rights Committee.
• Assisted field manager during construction of Constellation projects.
• Assisted in evaluating contractor proposals and answering requests for information (RFI's).
• Reviewed construction drawing submittals.
• Witnessed equipment installation and system testing.
• Assisted in writing and evaluation of Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plans for various facilities.
• Developed cost estimate and materials list excel templates for poultry litter storage buildings and composters.
• Assisted in the development of a design template in excel for stream crossings.
• Assisted in surveying various project sites.
• Reviewed drawings for beef stacks, poultry litter storage buildings, composters, and other miscellaneous agricultural facilities.
Relevant Coursework: Matrix Structural Analysis, Structural Dynamics, Reinforced Concrete Members, Advanced Strength of Materials, Dynamic Analysis in Geotechnical Engineering, Prestressed Concrete, Structural Steel Design, Earthquake Engineering, Open Channel Hydraulics, Soil Mechanics.
Relevant Coursework: Mechanics of Deformable Bodies, Principles & Applications of Engineering Materials, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulic Engineering, Environmental Engineering Principles, Environmental Engineering Systems, Civil Engineering Systems, Civil Engineering Materials, Construction Engineering & Management, Structural Analysis I & II, Structural Steel Design, Reinforced Concrete Design, Timber & Masonry Design, Rehabilitation of Existing Structures.
Relevant Coursework: Calculus with Analytic Geometry I, II & III, Differential Equations, General Chemistry with Qualitative Analysis I & II, General Physics with Calculus I & II, Engineering Analysis - Statics, Engineering Analysis - Dynamics, Basic Surveying Measurements.
Engineer In Training (EIT)
State of Tennessee Board of Architectural and Engineering Examiners
Certification No. 27372
Certification Date December 22, 2009
SMART Scholarship, 2011-2012
Goizueta Foundation at Georgia Tech Scholarship, 2006-2008
USDA Public Service Leaders Scholarship, 2005-2008
Valencia College Honors Program Scholarship, 2005
National Defense Service Medal, 2004
U.S. Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, 2002
U.S. Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation, 2002
U.S. Navy Good Conduct Medal, 2002
U.S. Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, 2002
Learning Goal Board of Directors, Secretary
Learning Goal is a non-profit organization whose goal is that more children and teenagers from underveloped areas have access to quality education and are enabled to meet their personal and professional development with better opportunities. My involvement in Learning Goal includes fundraising, coordination of operations in the US, and structural design and material selection for school building projects in Peru.
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: