Reliable Budget Manager with 2 years of experience in budgeting, strategic planning and accounting. Sound background creating feasible budgets, conducting comprehensive analyses, and maintaining database of monetary information. Proficient in People Soft and Microsoft Word. Strong leadership skills with unique talent for resolving conflicts among colleagues.
• Responsible for developing, reviewing, and analyzing all financial transactions within $10 million-dollar budget to ensure correct accounting practices.
• Routinely runs and analyzes Hyperion and budget reports for Human Resource, Office of Governance, Audit, and Compliance, and Office of General Counsel
• Actively manages 36 contracts totaling $500,000, keeping track of active contracts for office of Chief Operation Officer's divisions, which includes Human Resources, Office of Governance, Audit, and Compliance, and Office of General Counsel.
• Assist with construction projects, ensure construction project gets done on time and within budget.
• Responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating of Purchase Orders, solicited bids and quotes proposal and suggested course of action for procurement of requisitions for goods and services.
• Works and coordinates site visits of campuses and kickoff meetings with all stakeholders such as, Facilities Directors, Architects, Associate Vice Chancellors, contractors, and others that are involved in construction processes.
• Assists Chief of Staff and Director of Business Operations with security bond projects. Manage data collection, monitoring, and cost analysis of $11M Security Bond Project. Projects can range from upgrading Fireworks software, installing security cameras at certain campuses, installing mass notification speakers, panic buttons, security film, and upgrading any life/fire safety infrastructures.
• Ensures coordination of and compliance with Lone Star College's purchasing policies, as well as Texas education codes and local government codes relating to contracts, finance, and fiscal management.
• Ensures all divisions departments/employees met all deadlines: payroll, expense reports, purchase orders, contracts, and others.
• Coordinated and analyzed monthly budget forecasts and sends budget reports for each department in Chief Operation Officer.
• Assembles materials for new fiscal year budget preparation and assists in budget planning process.
• Supports Environmental Health and Life Safety (EHLS) department in transitioning duties and responsibilities of tracking and monitoring each campus's fire and life safety inspections over to EHLS department.
• Ensures that each campus's fire and life safety inspections and fire alarm monitoring are paid and scheduled promptly.
• Assist students with account finance and payment activities associated with receivables, billing, and collection activities.
• Audit campus student population caseloads by validating the tuition payment options, fees, and account hold.
• Collaborate with students and parents by providing case-by-case counseling for appropriate account management and activities.
• Collaborate with system office on student account activities that requires complex resolution coordination.
• Manage third party billing, collection and reporting functions on student accounts to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
• Review, validate and adjust student accounts for tuition waiver and fees in accordance to state and financial aid guidelines.
• Requires confidentiality, independent judgment, attention to details and high level of accuracy
• Provide stellar customer service to students that aid in the seamless account reconciliations needed for class registration.
• Serve as back up for campus business office journal entries, bank deposits and general ledger reconciliations.
• Assist cashiers with daily functions as needed.
• Sit on various campus hiring committees for staffing coordination and selection
• Verified the accuracy of documents and consistency of data from need analysis processor, federal tax transcripts, financial aid verification document, and student information; performs data analysis to identify discrepancies in data and determines action for resolution.
• Participated in the annual audit of student records and record retention requirements.
• Resolved Snow tickets from each campus
• Participated in preparing for and facilitating financial aid workshops and presentations.
• Develop negotiate and finalize student financial plans consistent with financial planning policies and procedures and with Federal/State regulations for awarding aid
• Answered questions and resolved problems for students regarding financial aid and student accounts
• Reviewed student applications performed verification procedures evaluated appeals and interceded for students with participating departments
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: