Solid business development and relationship builder. A big-picture sales & creative director who can make it all come together. Credible, knowledgeable, and trustworthy. His enthusiasm, sincerity, and excitement gets everyone else excited, and when he delivers on time, everyone delivers on time!
The only salesperson for a company of 25 people for the over 2.5 years developing the majority of all new business as well as servicing all existing accounts. The main customer contact on the day-to-day project needs as well the communicator should issue arrive that management wanted to be addressed and smoothed over. Traveled throughout the US, (west coast, east coast, and midwest) visiting customers as well as researching, setting up, and making presentations with new and existing contacts. RFQ'd all projects in all industries" Automotive. Point of Purchase, Restaurant Equipment, Sports Equipment, Advertising & Promotion to name a few. Individual projects obtained ranging from thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars each.
An Integrated Marketing Agency of highly skilled, well-seasoned, and committed team of creative professionals, tech heads and marketing professionals that share a common energy and fervor for creating beautifully hand-crafted, yet wonderfully functional brand presences that builds loyalty and trust in our clients products and services through cross multiple platforms, ranging from traditional media and design, to creative writing, content planning + strategy, brand implementation, information architecture, and multi-screen development
Managing Director of Marketing, Brand Development & Business Development
Leads project-based and interim marketing services supporting client objectives; develops programs and interactive marketing strategies to acquire new customers, engage with, and add value to, existing customer relationships through strategic planning, public relations, direct response, web-based online campaigns, multi-channel communications, print, and advertising channels for representative clients, which include(d): Sony, Motorola, Solo Cup, RC2, Amoco Oil, Tootsie Toy, Office Max, McGraw Hill Publishing, Hewitt, Fortune Brands, Kima Wireless Technologies, Alzheimer's Association, Y-ME National Breast Cancer
• Provides strategic insight and analysis for acquisition and win-back through on-line, direct mail, and alternative media; identifies improvements in channel spend, media mix, and campaign planning
• Manages integrated marketing communications programs, defines offers, provides creative direction, conducts competitive analysis, crafts positioning and messaging, and develops budgets
• Develops and leads all aspects of branding and company messaging through all customer facing channels, public relations, website, and collateral
- Manages content administration for websites, including updates, revisions, and posting new materials; redevelopment of websites including page design, site structure, navigation, and SEO
Business Development / Brand Development Manager
• Developed e-commerce strategies to meet gross sales and profit targets for this a deal-of-the-day website that featured discounted gift certificates usable at local or national companies
• Leveraged the company's reach to influence decisions on projects for customer; solicited and facilitated contracts with major corporations: presented proposals, submitted bids, and negotiated contracts for both transportation and warehousing needs
• Executed business development plans (forecasts, budgets and operating plans) and provided sales leadership and consultation to the operations, and systems delivery, driving staff development to new market growth and profitability
• Monitored and reviewed customer sales activity and make strategy adjustments as needed
• Built strategic relationships with key contacts in customer organizations to understand opportunities for creating value; capitalized on value creation opportunities by working closely with the sales and operations management team to develop creative workable solutions to customer needs
• Facilitated cross-selling opportunities to increase revenue and leverage relationships in order to better penetrate the market through regular meetings with clients and relevant operations staff to evaluate performance and receive updates from clients on challenges and future plans
• Worked with customer service teams to understand and develop solutions to clients' toughest business challenges
• Administered and implemented all operational-related policies, programs, and procedures; monitored, owned, oversaw or controlled the operating budget to maximize sales revenue
• Developed programs to unify and establish most cost effective, service oriented company specializing in the movement of freight and storage
Became one of the first Illinois representatives to introduce health and wellness products endorsed by Dr. Deepak Chopra to the Chicago market. Signed more than 100 customers/distributors in the first year, well above the average of 15 to 25. Developed marketing materials for distributors to use for lead generation, sales tools, and informational purposes. Prepared and presented products at trade shows in Colorado, Philadelphia, New York, Connecticut, Wisconsin, and Canada. Earned sales contests qualifying and enjoying trips to Alaska and Puerto Rico.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: