Results-oriented and highly motivated Mechanical Engineer with more than 8 years experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control inspections on Power construction projects. Primary inspection responsibilities are monitoring, supervising and appraising the
Contractor's/Sub-contractor's fabrication, construction, maintenance and repair performances in the area of quality control including evaluation of materials and procedures in accordance to applicable project specifications. Such inspection responsibilities includes monitoring and checking the quality works in the areas of mechanical, structural, piping, welding, pressure vessels, pipelines, tanks, insulation, non-destructive testing.
Prepare inspection reports and issue non conformance reports as required.
Other responsibilities are support to commissioning of plant and equipment utilities, preventive maintenance, condition monitoring, failure analysis, assist in the implementation of safety and environmental protection programs; and provides data required on project progress.
-Project management skills
- AutoCAD (2D & 3D)
- Primavera P6 Professional Project Management
- MS Office, Access, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good communication skills
- Fast learner
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Review of Project specifications , design and all relevant documents in accordance with the contract.
- Follow all jobs done in site related to boilers construction including (piping and Equipment installation) and Desalination units (MED units) installation and their accessories.
- Monitor the construction process and perform field investigations
- Witnessed Boiler tests (hydro test, leakage test …. Etc),
- Review the Erection Completion Certificates with the verification of the End of Erection Reports.
- Follow and assisit in performing Chemical cleaning and passivation processes.
- Steam blowing:
• Construct all the recommended temporary pipes and valves needed and install all temporary pipe supports according to standards and designer's drawings.and assist in performing the process.
- Witnessed and assist in boiler equipment tests, commissioning and start up
- Witnessed and reviewed the power plant performance test.
- Provide Engineer functions in support of department activities to ensure the safety, maintenance and compliance with legislation of Boiler mechanical equipment.
- Prepare inquiry documentation for contract works as requested and assist in the development of recommended spares for new equipment in order to ensure that stock handling is efficient and effective.
- Assist in the development of short, medium and long term maintenance strategies, update and issue Procedures, Risk Assessments in order to ensure that all repair/ maintenance works are carried out to the relevant code specification.
- Ensure the periodic and preventative maintenance are appropriately scheduled and accomplished and that emergency troubleshooting and maintenance support are readily available as needed.
- Analyze Plant issues and failure data as collected by both the Service and Operations groups to establish trends and find the key problem areas.
Training for maintenance management engineers with SIEMENS AG regarding Siemens Mega projects in Egypt (3*4800 MW)
- Management and maintenance training of combined cycle Power plant (2+1), 1200 M.W. including (Gas turbine (8000 H) and it's auxiliaries, Steam Turbine and it's auxiliaries, Generators and HRSG) basic and maintenance training with SIEMENS AG.
- Training details and schedule are available upon request.
Primary responsibility (Owner QC Engineer)
- Supervise and inspect of level quality performance of construction contractors.
- Review and approve all documents relevant to the project construction.
- Review and approve all documents relevant to commissioning and testing of all the power plant equipment.
- Issue non conformance reports
- Review engineering documentation issued for construction.
- Ensure Installations conform to Project Codes and Standards.
- Raise technical queries where necessary.
- witness hydraulic and /or pneumatic tests according to Project Specification.
- Raise Technical Queries where necessary.
- Progress reporting.
- Attend Progress meetings.
- Liaise with Site Management on issue Mechanical work Completion Certificate.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project deliverable are meeting with the contract specifications.
- Arrange and coordinate final punch list activities.
- Review the adequacy of punch list. Monitor final completion of work.
Secondary Responsibility (Maintenance Engineer at Burullus combined cycle power plant (4*1200 M.W)
- Develop maintenance schedules and enforce them among maintenance staff.
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance.
- Manage the set up and take down of different events.
- Perform troubleshooting to solve minor repair issues.
- Communicate plans for upper level improvements to maintenance worker staff.
- Contact and schedule repairmen and extra help as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
- Delegate tasks to meet maintenance schedule and satisfy employer needs.
- Developing maintenance procedures and ensuring implementation.
- Carrying out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Identify areas for improvement and assign workers to take care of issues.
B.Sc. in mechanical engineering, Alexandria University, 2008.
• Final grade: Good.
• Graduation Project: Combined cycle (gas & steam) power plants.
• Graduation Project grade: Excellent.
• Graduation project objective was to study the effectiveness of combining Gas turbines power plant with a heat recovery steam generator to construct a combined cycle power plant (Gas and Steam)
• The project aimed to design and operate a gas turbine and heat recovery steam generator.
1. Power Boiler Maintenance training with AC Boilers, Italy
2. Management and maintenance training about combined cycle Power plant (2+1), 1200 M.W. including (Gas turbine and it's auxiliaries, Steam Turbine and it's auxiliaries, Generators and HRSG) basic and maintenance training with SIEMENS AG.
3- Project Management Professional Training course (PMP training)
4-Primavera P6 Professional Project Management course
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: