• Support product development, readiness and releases by reviewing product release checklists for issues related to intellectual property, open source, data privacy & security, marketing, competition, payment, and other legal and regulatory issues.
• Build a trusted advisor relationship with senior business team members.
• Engage with product and development team members, including product managers, software engineers, data scientists, technical writers and marketing managers.
• Develop positive, strong, and collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners across Carvana to effectively deliver on complex tasks.
• Partner with various business teams to support programs and initiatives, including marketplace management, e-commerce platform launches, partner development programs, and much more.
• Perform due diligence and develop creative solutions to ensure compliance with applicable third-party agreements, security attestations and applicable government regulations.
• Provide legal advice to teams from Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and Communications from the initial stage of product development to launch.
• Analysis of applicable statutory case and regulatory laws including topics areas such as: consumer finance, insurance and advertising.
• Negotiation, drafting and analysis of partner and service provider agreements
• Provide counsel to Carvana stakeholders on technical compliance & regulatory requirements related to the sale of automobiles, consumer protection and consumer lending services.
• Responsible for strategic direction, management and creation/revision of documentation, delivery and maintenance of compliance training to stakeholders at all levels of the organization, policies, operating procedures, assessments, audits and remediation projects.
• Conduct comprehensive research, analysis and synthesizing that information into a clear interpretation of local, state and federal laws, regulations and business licensing requirements.
• Staying up to date on new and changing developments in applicable legal and regulatory requirements and leading the communication of relevant changes to the Compliance Team and Carvana stakeholders.
• Present guidance in a digestible format to all levels of business partners/stakeholders related to ongoing organizational compliance requirements and in response to specific inquiries posed by business partners.
• Lead implementation of new or revised compliance controls or procedures in response to compliance audit remediation recommendations or internal/external audit findings.
• Direct and manage documentation of key legal decisions, remediation projects and new/revised legal and regulatory obligations.
• Identify process inefficiencies and lead implementation of solutions to eliminate or minimize identified inefficiencies and improve customer service to business partners, while maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Manage and execute on projects and other deliverables as assigned by Legal Team leadership.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: