High performing, responsible, and organized student with a full time job who is motivated to pursue a degree in mechanical engineering at a four year college or university.
Despite years of homelessness as a child and barriers to my growth and development, I have proven to be resilient and resourceful in achieving my goals for a successful future. I am on track to graduate with my senior class even though I was unable to attend school for three and a half years. I have recovered my lost credits through hard work while working full time in retail and fast food.
Given my situation, I was unable to engage in typical high-school extracurricular activities like sport teams, club, class offices, and volunteering. I do not consider being deprived of those opportunities. Instead, I used my time and effort to overcome adversity and pursue my goals to graduate from high-school and go to college. Along the way I was enriched by people in my life who valued me for who I am and expressed their recognition and appreciation of my strengths, such as: leadership, organization, resilience, motivation, working under pressure, self-confidence, honesty and responsibility.
The Texas Department of Family Protective Services is my managing conservator while I am in foster care. My childhood was unfortunate, but it does not define my future. I envision my future as a mechanical engineer living a fulfilling and happy life. I want to give back to my community and improve the lives of other children who are in a similar situations as I have been in. I want to show everyone that is going through and that has gone through hard times, that they can do it if they keep the mindset going. Keep pushing, even if you give up, get back up on your own time and go again.
- Rotated merchandise and displays to feature new products and promotions
- Engaged and interacted with customers to create a positive shopping experience and drive revenue growth
- Oversaw receiving and display of incoming products, meeting planned promotions and seasonal rotation for sale events
- Implemented new efficient processes for in store growth, back of store organization. As well as the packing station for packing orders has gone more effective since boxes were made first, bag were separated by size with the amount of bubble wrap by each.
- Protected the store from loss or theft by setting and enforcing clear security policies
- Responded to customer concerns with friendly and knowledgeable service and remedied issues promptly and effectively
- Supervised guests at front counter, answering questions regarding products
- Completed all point of sale opening and closing procedures, including counting contents of cash register
- Rotated stock to achieve optimum appeal and minimize shrinkage
- Managed all aspects of store operations, including organization, maintenance and purchasing functions
- Dealt with customer service emails and helping out in anyway possible
- Answered the phone helping with lost packages, resending packages out exchanges and returns, dealing with coffee subscriptions.
- Submitted orders for new inventory.
- Multiplied earnings through sales goal achievement, customer service improvements and commitment to team objectives.
- Bagging groceries efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Pulling in carts from the corals in the parking lot and into the designated areas.
- Returning items to the shelf with also returning items that are damaged to the back.
- Helping customers with carry outs if help was needed.
- Replenished sales floor merchandise and organized shelves, racks and bins for optimal appearance
- Promoted customer loyalty and consistent sales by delivering friendly service and knowledgeable assistance.
- Helping customers on the counter, lane 1 and lane 2, cashing out and taking orders.
- Making drinks and milkshakes.
- Burger prep and grill at times.
- Fry 1 and fry 2 which is cutting potatoes and then frying them.
- Cash handling with opening and closing shifts, safe counts throughout the day.
- Inventory and temperature taking on time throughout the day and inventory when closing.
- Handled the interview process and to see who was a best fit for the job, then if hired I was go through the training process with them and guide them on the how to of the store.
- Keeping the store tidy throughout the day, while keeping the employees busy. I was always on deck to help out wherever was needed.
- Had access to manager codes whenever a refund, or a pos system went wrong.
- Deal with call ins and get them handled in a time manner and make sure we had someone to cover or a write up was written.
My time there was amazing, I had a few accomplishments along the way
- Tended to the customers in a timely and efficient manner with ice cream, milkshakes, and smoothies, then cashing them out and making sure their visit with us went good.
- Coming in early for opening shifts, counting drawers, getting ready for the day with inventory counts and making the ice cream and restocking the walk in freezer.
- Staying late for closing shifts, closing up shop by shutting everything down, cleaning the store neatly and prepping for tomorrows opening. Counting money then having the count stored in an envelope for pick up by the morning shift.
- Handling the shift schedules and making sure we have strong employees throughout the day.
15604 Checotah Dr
Austin, TX, 78734
Current high-school, will be graduating from.
Online option, ended up going to my foster shelter and was very depressed.
Too many issues with housing and cps.
Had a stable environment and loved the school. Left with a 4.5 GPA
9th grade - Right Wing, Mid and striker, which were all starting positions. One game I am especially proud of, it was against Austin High School, mind you this was a team we never win against at Crockett. Last minute of the game, I am running down field towards our goal to protect, my teammate kicks it to center field. No one was there and at the time I was the fastest on the team. I start sprinting towards center field, one powerful kick towards the ball before the goalie from the other team got the ball. The ball went up in the air, going fast towards the goalie box, hits the top pole and bounces back down on the ground. Goalie doesn't think anything of it because she thinks it's not going to go in. I sprint towards the goalie box and tap it in to the box and the game is over with us in the lead by 1! 2-1 was the final score, I dropped to my knees and got surrounded by my teammates cheering me on.
11th grade - I was on the cross country team for Akins and tried my hardest at every meet for being a sprinter previously.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: