Focused Assistant Accountant offering 5+ years of experience to add value in an accounting role. Enthusiastically aiming to apply a proven history of successful collections and AP/AR management. Accustomed to contributing to team objectives and driving company development. Enthusiastic individual with superior skills in working in both team-based and independent capacities. Bringing strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills to any setting. Devoted to a top level of performance and integrity with a successful team.
- Monitored accounts payable and receivable statuses and delegated related tasks
- Reviewed general ledger entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Reconciled all expenses and accounts, including company credit cards and expense accounts.
- Evaluated expense reports for accuracy and adherence to company policies.
- Performed daily accounting functions like tracking expenses, readying deposits and processing credit card payments, and preparing payments (checks, ACH, wire, etc).
- Managed movement of over $750,000 in funds every week.
- Maintained accounts receivable documentation electronically and on paper.
- Tracked income and expenses for business using NetSuite & Bank of America CashPro.
- Worked extremely close with company costing analysis and sales reports.
- Provided excellent service and attention to customers and vendors through phone conversations and emails.
- Analyze and research policyholders' accounts for past due balances on the company software MapleTech Aspire.
- Place policies with outstanding balances on cancellation notices for nonpayment; send reinstatement notices for policies paid past due date to underwriting department.
- Interact with brokers and policyholders via email and phone related to past due balances on daily basis and settle disputes related with cancellations or reinstatements.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation, and
General Ledger via NetSuite for the company accounts. Prepare banking statements and complete G/L reports for auditor on monthly basis.
- Enter high volume of incoming payments via broker checks, ACH, and money orders onto the system; credit back policyholders every two weeks on cancelled policies.
- Process check deposits and investigate bank discrepancies via Chase ITMS and JP Morgan Access.
- Examine payment plans, approved quotes, and install initial deposits and DMV fees for policyholders and brokers during the annual policy renewal period
- Delivered mail and packages to college departments and offices across campus in a courteous and timely manner; Operated UPS TrackPad and Microsoft Outlook to notify students of their packages being available for pickup.
- Provided friendly and valuable customer service to students and faculty; made sure everyone arrived and left the office with a solution to their concern and/or their respective mail or package.
- Assisted other post office clerks with various tasks and responsibilities in the office.
- Trained newly hired post office clerks on operating the cash register and mail processing techniques.
- Arranged mail, magazines, and packages in alphabetical and numerical order for student and faculty mailboxes immediately upon arrival.
- Prepared and prioritized outgoing mail and packages for USPS pickup in late afternoons.
- Worked as a seasonal position in the summer and winter during semester breaks from college in the Collections department.
- Fully introduced and trained to work with the company's accounting software.
- Fulfilled role of assisting with data entry of policy payments into computer system
- Reviewed and analyzed policies to keep past due balances updated on daily basis.
- Detail oriented on workflow and thorough communication among the department; operated individually to complete tasks and meet department deadlines for auditing.
- Successfully finalized responsibilities that collaborated with the department manager and supervisors; particularly worked with car service/black car and medallion taxi policies.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: