Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Compassionate and skilled Therapeutic Recreation Specialist who is excellent at assessing recreation needs for people who have varying disability levels.Has excellent interpersonal skills and works directly with clients to design appropriate recreation programs.Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy as well as full certification in Therapeutic Recreation from the NCTRC.
- Excellent at recreation program design and implementation
- Experience working with people of all disability levels both physical and developmental
- Strong understanding of appropriate recreation program design customized according to individual needs
- Extensive knowledge of human anatomy and developmental and psychiatric illnesses
- Good understanding of assistive technology and devices
- Assessed clients’ needs through review of medical reports discussions with doctors and nurses conducting observations and performing tests.
- Drafted treatment plans and recreation programs individualized for client needs and incorporating client interests.
- Documented recorded and monitored client progress and wrote reports.
- Designed recreation programs for agency delivering services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Conducted and planned monthly dances bowling tournaments swimming and Special Olympics training and participation programs.
- Assessed individual client needs and drafted Individualized Treatment Plans (ITPs).
2004 Certification in Therapeutic Recreation from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC)
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.